Chapter 53

The wind was calming along the King's Road, just barely creating a breeze in the warm sunlight of Okamoto. Things were quiet, save for the back and forth conversation between the nine travelers in one carriage, which was chaotic.

"So you're tellin' me he didn't elope?!"

"That's what we've been saying!"

"But why a Mirag Prince? He's not even legally allowed to be here, how did you meet anyways?"

"That's...an even longer story-"

Of course, it was chaotic.

You sighed and looked around the nine passengers as everyone spoke over each other, discussing small issues and asking questions that would take both time, and at least two or three people, to answer. Tetsutetsu finally sat up straight and spoke louder than everyone else as he turned all of their attention on him.

"We won't get anywhere with all of us talkin, so who should start?"

"And where?"

Kirishima smiled weakly and put his hands up to calm the others down, glancing at and gesturing towards you and Bakugou, before pointing at the three most recent traveling companions.

"I think you should, (F/N). Most of us have been together, but not everyone knows the full story, right?"

"...Right."

You bit the inside of your cheek and glanced at Kendo, your anxious feelings melting away with her smile. Her voice rang through the cool air, making you sigh and pinch your eyebrows as she asked such an easy, yet difficult to explain question.

"When and why did an Egabian decide to come back into the country that exiled them?"

"She is allowed in our country just as much as any of us, there's no real division anyways."

"W-Well of course, it's just...no one has seen Egabians for over a hundred years, besides maybe a few travelers and the King. If I'm honest...most people thought they were extinct."

Todoroki was quiet, shrugging weakly as he looked over to you. You smiled back, immediately feeling Bakugous grip on you tighten as he mumbled under his breath.

"ӉДℓҒ БДЅtДЯԀ..."

"ЯЄℓДӝ, ҜДҪҪӉДҋ."

"ҒҴҪҜ өҒҒ, ԀЄҜҴ."

Midoriya and Uraraka groaned quietly from the tension they knew the blonde Prince of Mirag was going to create, his dragon waving weakly and apologizing as you began to tell the story of your adventures. As you spoke, your hands found their way onto Bakugous skin, your fingers curling into fists now and then the more you dwelled on your memory of the time you had known the Prince of Mirag.

"Well...let's see."

You hummed and looked over at Bakugou, his bored and tired expression calming your heart as you spoke, eventually turning to the others.

"I left Egaby to find help; my village was suffering and our resources were running scarce. Genthburn was the last city to help us, even after we were exiled; we thought they might help us again, even if just a little."

Everyone hummed quietly in understanding, Tetsutetsu glancing off into the distance as the grasslands waved in the winds. His eyes narrowed for a moment, before looking back at you and catching your attention.

"Isn't Genthburn abandoned?"

"...Huh?"

Midoriya tilted his head and pulled out his most recent journal, flipping over the pages as he chuckled and shook his head.