Chapter 15

"So are you ready to admit it?" I use Simons words from yesterday against him, as I turn to face him after beating him for the third time, in one of our races.

"That was pure luck." He says, unzipping his pocket and pulling his phone out. "And I also felt bad, I mean it only took you five years to beat me."

I scoff. "You're mind is playing tricks on you because that's definitely not how it went down, Bennett."

"Sure it was. I bet you in the race, again and then you showed your appreciation for my skills when we got back to the hotel." He smirks.

I roll my eyes which he can only briefly see. Instead he can see the grin on my face. "Well I want your appreciation in the form of those chocolates you found out about yesterday."

"Fine by me." He says and holds up his phone, pointing it towards me.

"What are you going?" I ask after the sound of the camera's snap sounds.

"You'll see."

A few seconds later my phone pings and I pull it out of my pocket. It's a notification that Simons tagged me in an Instagram post.

After five years she's finally beaten me🥇

I laugh, before commenting some trophy emojis and putting my phone back in my pocket.

"Liv's after texting me." Simon informs me, after he reads an incoming message on his phone. "She said she wants us back for lunch."

I laugh, pulling myself up from my seated position. "Trust Olivia to take over the mother role and call us back for lunch."

Simon nods as we make our way toward the collection center, where we left our belongings earlier this morning. "Her and Theo really need to have one of their own."

"But that would entail Liv having to take time off work, and that would be a problem."

I leave my gear in the locker I rented for the time that we'll be here. It's only a five minute walk back to the hotel, which Simon and I spend bickering.

"I can't believe you remembered the chocolates." I say as we walk through the front doors of the hotel.

Simon smirks. "That's not all I remember from the last time we were here."

I laugh, remembering what he's referring to. "That red set was my favourite, and the cleaners probably threw it in the trash after we left."

Simon shrugs. "It's not like you'd have been able to wear it again and I bought you a new one."

"Which you proceeded to rip a few weeks later."