|38| Expensive ball gowns

EXPENSIVE:

/ɪkˈspɛnsɪv,ɛkˈspɛnsɪv/

adjective

costing a lot of money.

Three weeks later........

We had been in the store for more than six hours. And honestly I was beyond tired and I was ready to leave this place at any second but of course that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. For the past fifty years Garfield Prep has had an annual charity ball event along with hundreds of more events. This charity gala is when us, the students get to dress up, every rich kid's favorite pastime. We would get to dish out buckets of money to the school towards the chosen charity to donate to normally the senior class gets to choose which charity to donate to. On top of paying to attend this luxurious ball there is a bid of all kinds of things that happens in order to raise more money. I never found it sincere, it was more of a race to showcase who had more money who, like everything else that happened at that school, but it was a way of the school to try to keep its integrity and its image would make it seem like it was otherwise.

I have never attended any kind of dress up event at Garfield ever. I would always pay for my ticket but I would never show I would also pay an extra thousand dollars as reparations for my absence. But this year my friends weren't having any of it so I was to attend, and not just go I had to go on a shopping spree.....yey.... although I had told them I had hundreds of gowns I have never worn at home they insisted I bought another because there was something about buying clothes together or something like that.

So here I was. In a store I could barely pronounce its name scanning through hundreds and thousands of dresses that all looked hideous on me by the way. The gala was to be held in three days which was this coming Saturday. Jazz had found the suit she was going to wear a few stores back. A red stain two piece beautiful dress pants that complimented her long legs she was going to wear a black bralette over the blazer. She had Zendaya kind of body and she was eating up that suit leaving no crumbs. She even let Mia talk into wearing silver Jimmy Choo platform heels with a red bottom. If Jazz was willing to wear heels for this event then it was important. So I couldn't talk myself out of this one with these girls.

Vic had also been lucky to find a white slim fit gown that had a very low back that stopped at the lowest part of her back. It was sleeveless and it kissed the floor. Kate had settled on a sparkly champagne colored jumpsuit that was hugging every part of body, long sleeved and she had decided to buy gold heels to complete the fit. It was only Mia and I who hadn't found the 'right ones' yet. Mia was currently in the fitting room trying on a dress number I don't know at this point I had lost count. I was already on my fifth glass of this non alcoholic champagne and I desperately wanted to go pee.

"Any day now." Jazz yelled.

"Hey, don't rush me, perfection takes time." Mia yelled back from the dressing room.

"That and the zipper won't go over her fat ass." Kate said, who was in there helping her sister to wear the dress that Jazz, Vic and myself were waiting to see. This place was beautiful I could eat off the floor, it smelled and looked expensive, a place I knew Ocean would fall in love with and probably instantly max out her card in.

"It's a blessing you never get to experience." Mia scolded her sister.

"What are you talking about? We basically have the same body." I could practically see Kate rolling her eyes. The curtain suddenly opened giving us the breathtaking view that was Mia Abara. The emerald green color looked beautiful against her dark olive skin the dress held tightly at the upper part of her body then it then began to loosen at the bottom as it pooled on to the floor it had two slits at both sides of her legs both starting a few inches under a pelvic bone. It was a halter neck with a fairly low back and she looked beautiful.