008. secrets revealed ; part one

THE AVATAR'S BIG SISTER 2.

── ♢ ♢ ♢ ──

[third person pov]

𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 back into the pillowy cushion of the booth, Iroh had been eying the entrance of the restaurant with apprehensiveness since Katrina walked outside to get some fresh air to manage her headache—little did he know, however, that it was merely a cover up in order to catch up to Asami receive answers as to why she had kissed her if she was going to end up with her ex at the end. Of course, it was not like she would've actually gone if not for one of her strange voices, Haki, hadn't continuously ordered her to oblivion.

"Spirits, women can be so. . ." A familiar voice muttered incomprehensibly nearby, causing some head turns towards its direction. He curiously looked over his shoulder to realize the voice that had belonged to Mako, whose similar amber eyes drifted off towards Iroh's presence which induced a smirk. "General?"

With his lips tugged into a polite grin, he slid off the edge of the booth and joined the young firebender's hand, lightly bumping the opposite shoulder. "Nice seeing you here."

"Yeah, I was actually here with. . ." Mako's words had trailed off into questionable thoughts about his relationship with Asami. Was she technically considered his girlfriend now? What if Katrina had a point? Should he even rightfully call her that when he and Korra just broke up literally four days ago?

"I'm going to take a guess and say you were here with someone other than the Avatar?" Iroh sheepishly finished with a lopsided smile. "Katrina actually told me about it. Sorry, by the way."

"No, it's fine. It was bound to happen, I guess since our relationship was pretty shaky," he dismissed with a simple shrug before glancing behind his shoulder towards the front of the restaurant. "Actually, speaking of Katrina, she's actually outside with Asami right now."

"Really? I was worried about her; she said she's dealing with a bad headache and—" His words of concern had been sharply cut off by a strained and piercing scream that sounded from outside the restaurant. The chattering and laughter that surrounded the two men came into a hushed halt, curiosity and fear peaked at the horrifying noise.

Iroh wasted no time racing towards the entrance, the wind greeting him as it thrashed against his cheeks. His eyes busted out of their sockets, trying to process the scene in front of him: Asami had been crouched down on the dimly-lit sidewalk, the sliver of yellow light that it could produce revealed her breathless state of pale terror.