158

On the morning of July 27th 1997, I woke up in an empty bed. George wasn't here and neither Fred of Deanne were sleeping in the top bunk. I decided to get dressed and after I did my usual morning routine of rubbing my belly and saying good morning to the little one, I left the room.

Talking came from downstairs and when I looked over the railing and saw several members of the order.

Lupin was here as well as, Moody, Mundungus Fletcher, Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt and Hagrid. They were gathered in the dining room with Arthur, Molly, Bill, Fleur, George, Fred, Ron, Hermione, Deanne, Kathleen and Sebastian.

"What's going on?" I asked as I walked down the stairs.

"Come." George held out his hand and walked over, wrapping my arm around his waist as he placed his around my shoulders.

"We're evacuating the Dursley's." Lupin said. "It has to happen tonight and we have to get Harry here safely. The Death Eaters are out to get him."

"It's getting serious." Sebastian said. "If we don't act now, who knows what will happen."

"So what's the plan?" I asked.

"Poly juice potion." Moody spoke. "Hermione, Ron, George, Fred, Fleur and Mundungus will drink it. They'll look like Potter so that we can distract the death eaters. They won't be able to find the real one."

I looked up at George and he looked down at me. Fuck. My heart starting racing as I went through all possible outcomes from this. I then looked to Fred. They could get badly injured.

"Tonight?" I breathed. "Alright... but I'm coming with."

"No you're not." George protested. "You're staying here. You're pregnant."

"George—"

He interrupted me by looking up at everyone. "If you'll excuse us. We'll have this conversation upstairs."

George grabbed my hand and lead me up the stairs and into his and Fred's room. As soon as he closed the door, he turned towards me and took my face in his hands. "I know you're scared—"

"Scared?" I scoffed. I grabbed his hands and removed them from my face before I took a step back. "Scared is an understatement, George! Taking poly juice potion? Becoming Harry? Death eaters are going to hunt you and you... you might..."

"I won't." He assured me. "I promise you I'll be back alive. You aren't getting rid of me just yet."

"Fuck!" I spat, roughly running a hand through my hair. "I wanna go. I want to go with you. I need to go with you."

"No!" He said, standing his ground. "It's too dangerous and you're bloody pregnant. Kathleen is staying here too. Even Deanne is staying."

"George." I sobbed, holding back my tears. "I can't stay here and wait and wait and wait. I won't be able to know if you're dead, if you're injured or if you're okay. I can't walk around not knowing!"

"Darling." He softly spoke, extending his hand for me to grab it but I didn't. He shook his hand a little to signal that he was serious and I sighed before placing my hand in his. He pulled me close, placing his other hand on my waist. "I will be fine."

"And my mum said my father wouldn't go looking for her." I said. "But look what fucking happened. He might be there, George. He knows who you are, he's going to recognize you and... and—"

"Darling." He whispered, resting his forehead against mine. "It's going to be okay. I know you're scared. Terrified. I promise I will be back. You won't lose me. I'll make sure of it. You'll see me again because there is no way I am leaving you and our unborn child behind."

I sighed and ran my hand to his back, resting it on the lower part while he pulled me closer to me and held me in place by having his arm wrapped tightly around my back. "Kiss me."

"George—"

"Kiss me." He repeated. I tilted my head back a little and my lips touched his. The contact was like a drug. When we first felt each other's soft lips, it was like being high and we both wanted more. I'm not talking about sex, just the high of making out. He placed a hand against my jaw, caressing my skin as he ran his other hand down to the back of my thigh. "Jump."

I did and he caught me, wrapping my legs around his hips. He placed me on the dresser and I let my legs fall down again as his tongue met mine.

His hands ran under my shirt to test on my bare waist but his fingers were cold so I flinched with a giggle. George smiled at my reaction, his nails gently digging into my skin, not enough to hurt me. The hand that rested on my jaw, ran down to rest on the side of my neck instead and reconnected our lips.

"I love you." I whispered against his lips. "Don't die on me."

His tongue met mine again and he grunted slightly into my mouth. He opened his mouth to close it around and locking my bottom lip. "Never."