𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

"ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʙʟᴀᴍᴇ ɢʀᴀᴠɪᴛʏ ꜰᴏʀ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ"

"Okay, I've gotta go, but I'll see you out there." I kissed him on the cheek, "good luck."

"Wait." he said and I turned back to face him, just before I could leave the changing room.

"Yes?"

"Did you really mean what you said last night? About...you..."

"Loving you?" I laughed and walked back over to him and taking his hands in mine. "Of course I did Cedric. I love you."

"I love you too." he leant down and our lips were pressed against each other, my hands cupped around his cheeks.

"Is that all you wanted to ask? Because I might now not get a good seat to see you win." I chuckled.

He laughed too, "yeah, that was all. Now go, I wouldn't want you to have a bad view of my victory." he said jokily.

"That's the spirit." and with that, I left him alone in his changing room, just as his father was walking passed. He smiled in seeing me and I grinned back, just as I walked by.

The atmosphere of the now transformed quidditch pitch was like nothing I had ever seen at Hogwarts before. The cheers echoed through the air and Professor Flitwick was perfectly conducting the orchestra. Throughout the crowds sat at the stands were a combination of blue, yellow and red banners representing the four champions.

Fleur's supporters were still dressed in their silky blue uniforms and were currently performing some sort of dance in their seats in unison, awaiting for their classmate to enter the arena. Although I assumed it to be a bit of fun and a joke, they were all so in time?

There was a giant, fern maze, standing tall at the back. Cedric and I knew little about what the task entailed, but practiced spells none the less. But I wasn't so sure that would cover everything he would have to face. But, I couldn't be more confident.

"You seem a lot calmer, Y/N." Anthony said as I took a seat between him and Ava.

"Well that's a good thing, no?"

"Of course it is, but what changed?"

"I know he's going to win." I smirked confidently at him.

That was when Amos Diggory paraded onto the field, his cape flowing behind him and he waved to the crowd, like the proud dad he was. As he made it to the middle of the arena, despite not even being a champion, he noticed me applauding in the crowd and waved directly at me. I was surprised that he even remembered who I was, but pleasantly surprised none the less. I smiled back and it was when he looked away that he presented to the entrance of the arena and out walked a tall boy in a yellow and black jersey.

Anthony and I stood up and clapped even harder, whistling and cheering, our hands cupped to our faces for maximum volume. Cedric faced the crowd, the yellow banners now flying even higher by his presence. He too made eye contact with me and winked, making the butterflies in my stomach erupt with excitement.

He met his father with a hug and was then followed by Fleur, Krum, Igor, Dumbledore and finally a very flustered Harry. If I was worried about anyone, it would be him.

"Silence!" Dumbledore yelled, causing the once cheery arena, fall into a silence. "Earlier today Professor Moody placed the Triwizard cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now as Mr Diggory..." Dumbledore began, but before he could get another word in, the Hufflepuffs and well myself, roared once again. Maybe a little too loud and the banners were held higher. Amos lifted Cedric's hand, as if to already congratulate him, despite doing nothing yet, and Cedric pulled his arm away and gave his dad a look as if to tell him to stop or calm down. "...and Mr Potter..." the Gryffindors were now cheering and I applauded him once more. He looked at the crowd, almost surprised, yet delighted at how many people were there, cheering him on "...tied for first position they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr Krum..." the Durmstrang boys almost yelled quite threateningly at his name, along with his headmaster, Igor.

"The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter, if at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants, gather round." he gestured for the four of them to join him and the arena remained silent, awaiting for it to start.

"So, who do you think?" Ava nudged me.

"Cedric, obviously." I chuckled.

"Hmm, no offence, but I reckon Krum. But I respect you for being the supportive girlfriend." she turned to Spencer sat beside her, "Spence?"

"Hear me out, Harry."

"Really? He's like twelve."

"He's fourteen, Av and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised. He's Harry freaking Potter. This kid has defeated old Voldy like four times as well as a giant snake when he was twelve. I wouldn't put it passed him Av." I said.

"Touche. But still Krum."

"Champions! Prepare yourselves." Dumbledore announced and the silence in the arena was broken: the crowds were on their feet again. Cedric hugged his father once again, who enthusiastically patted him on the back, well more like slapped repeatedly and wished him good luck, before walking away. Cedric took one last look at the arena, as well as myself and I nodded encouragingly, yet almost softly and comfortingly at him and he nodded back with a smile.

The two boys had approached their starting marks and awaited for their instruction.

"On the count of three...ONE..." but before the headmaster could even get to number two, Filch had let off the cannon early, again. He shrugged at the headmaster, as if to tell him he didn't know what had happened.

On Flitwick's hand, the orchestra began playing their tune once again and after a moments hesitation, Cedric and Harry entered the misty maze, wand in hand.

And like that, with a step into the darkness, they were out of sight from the rest of the school and myself. The third task had begun. The two of them completely unbeknown to what was inside.