Chapter 35: New Year's Kisses, New Year Wishes

I was once happy.
I could smile and I hoped for a bright future.
But one day that all changed.
For there was a dark truth I never knew and I was betrayed by the one who I was told to trust.

Miracine Seaton

       It was December 31.  Seivon and everyone else said they were staying up late for a new year or something.  Mivozene would never approve.  Good thing he is not here, right.  Apparently he went off to Kaisa's kingdom.  I wonder how he is dealing with her.
       I mean they hate each other and argue all of the time.  Even more than I do with him.  Speaking of Rivalkai, I should really visit.  It would be good for me to and being the area the others would want me to pay my respects to them.  

       I was recently swimming and now I am waiting for the scales to dry.  I am on the side of the land.  A place close to water, but not out in the open.  It was a cloudy day with skies filled with grey floating mist all around.  The air was cool with an icy feel to it. 
        Suddenly I feel my fins finally splitting and my scales and fins disappearing.  Human flesh is what remained.  I bit into some kelp before getting up.  I was going back to them.  I have a feeling, Seivon is the only one that will notice I was gone.

       "Miss me?" I asked when I arrived.

       "You were gone?" Ashton muttered.  I so knew he was going to not realize it.

       "Yes, she went out for a bit." Seivon scowled and went over to me.  I smiled at him. 

     "Of course he would know," Melody laughs, "He pays attention to whatever she does ever since they got together.  Don't you?"

      "What that not true I don't pay attention." He says stupidly.

       I test Seivon for a bit when I turned to him, asking "You do not pay attention to me?"

       "What!" He exclaimed in horror after realizing what he just said, " No, I didn't mean that.  I always had in a way.  I just didn't start then." I shook my head.

        "Hmm sureee....." I rolled my eyes.  I swear I thought I heard Mel or someone chuckle when I said that.

         "I paid attention to you for awhile.  I said I always thought you were you for awhile but I just wasn't exactly sure..." He whispered low enough only so I could hear. 
       But given the expression I made afterwords, he ought to tell them.

       "What did you tell her?" Mel looks between us quizzically, "I swear Seivon you are so-"

        "It was out of contexts it was not like that..." Seivon told her.  But I did not get what they were speaking of.
        The only thing I knew was it could be out of contexts like how Kaisa claimed what she did was.  That is hilarious thinking about that.

       "Kaisa's out of contexts?" I heard Mel chuckle.

       "What about Kai?" Ashton's head popped up.

        "Oh look now Ashton is interested in this conversation!" Melody shakes her head exclaiming.

        "If only you knew..." He muttered sadly.  Only knew?
        I was puzzled to say the least.

       "What?  Ah well...What was the out of context thing about?" Mel continued to ask in curiosity.

       "Me walking in the hallways trying to go to class and then boom there was Kaisa with Mivozene." I smiled innocently.