tempt my trouble

a/n hello to all of my new readers! I love reading all of your comments! I'm so glad you all are enjoying the story!

32.

I wake up at nine. A soft light from the window bringing the room into hazy focus. My arm is still draped over Harry. He sleeps soundly, hasn't moved a muscle since last night.

I carefully separate myself from him and slide out of bed, pulling my pants back on and stuffing my shirt into the hem. I grab my phone and my key card, as well as a copy of his, and quietly slip out of his room, getting dressed and eating breakfast on my own. I collect all the materials I need for the day, and head back to his room. He's still out cold at eleven.

In fact, it isn't until 2:30 in the afternoon that he finally stirs awake.

The light is bright in the room now. I sit in the desk chair, typing away at my laptop. I hear him softly shift under the sheets, and I glance up over my screen. He turns and slowly blinks, looking up at me from across the room.

"Whoa," he coughs.

"You really needed that, huh."

He nods and sits up, running a hand through his hair. "What time is it."

"Late afternoon. You've got time."

"Did I miss anything."

I shake my head. "Nothing at all."

"Good." He gets out of bed and wanders to the bathroom. I look back down at the screen before me, finalizing our shoot schedule for the day and continuing my email correspondence with our production manager, Sydney. The shower starts. From behind the door, I hear him humming the song to himself, which makes me smile.

"Lights up and they know who you are, know who you are, do you know who you are," he softly sings. From the desk, my phone lights up with a text. I slide it over and glance down at the screen.

Happy shoot day. How's he doing.

From Mitch. I pick up the phone and open the app. The gesture is very sweet. It's interesting the sixth sense they have for each other. I type out a response.

Good. We're both excited, I'll send you behind the scenes.

Please do!

I set my phone back down, the bathroom door swings open and he steps out in comfy clothes. "Alright I'm ready," he grins and reaches down into the fridge for food.

We stop by my room on the way out. It feels cold, the bed still crisply made. I reach down into my suitcase and pull out my travel jewelry case, zipping it open to reveal the pieces Emma had lovingly packed away for me. Harry stretches and glances around, a smirk spread on his face.

"Yeah, you better stay in my room. This view is shit."

I roll my eyes. "It's the exact same as yours," I argue. He shakes his head.

"Mine's better."

I hold out the case for him, sinking into the mattress. "Here, take a look."

He leans down over the case, his fingers lightly pushing different pieces aside. Then he pulls out two rings and squints at them.

The first is silver with a thick band, a square red gem set deep into it. The second is a silver lion, flowing mane down into the band. In its mouth is a rectangular, lilac gem.