chapter 20

Miraan entered chashman's room after a single knock, she was standing near the window. A frown appeared on her forehead seeing the anger on his face. 

" what do you think you are doing ?" Chashman asked as he came near her. 

" what am i doing ?you tell me,what were you thinking when you talked to your father like that ? " miraan asked with pinched brows, his voice was low, but strain was clear.

chashman went still for a second, " Did it bother you? did it hurt him ? I have been hurting much more and for a long time " she said in a grave voice, looking in his dark eyes. 

" Chashman! he doesn't deserve this " Miraan said a bit softly holding her arms. 

" did my mother deserve what he did? did she deserved to be thrown away ? to be cheated ?" chashman said not letting a single tear fall, the agony was clear in her voice.

"He didnt throw her away ! you dont know the truth!" miraan said pulling her closer, chashman's eyes were getting wetter with every second, she was near her breaking point. 

" I know enough! and dont even try lying to me " she hissed at him.she was very close to him, close enough to see the lighter flecks in his eyes. 

"HE!DIDNT! THROW! YOUR! MOTHER! AWAY!" Miraan said every word putting pressure on it. "you know, your parents met in university, they fell in love and got married without Dada saeen knowing. Uncle kept his wedding hidden for years, your mother didnt want our family to know. When dada saeen got to know, he was very angry, uncle sent you and your mother to lahore for some days , where she died in an accident " 

"Dont lie to me!!!! why would my mother want to keep this wedding hidden ! " chashman all but shouted trying to get out of his grip, miraan let her go. 

" I am not lying ! ask your uncle. " miraan said calmly. His calm made something sink in her. She quickly grabbed her phone and dialed the number. her hands were shaking .She could hear her grandma's voice cursing Rohero family , blaming them for her daughter's death. She was only 3 years old when her mother died, but the way her grandmother kept repeating it over the years, chashman felt like she had seen it all herself. She could still remember the last time her grandmother had said all this, just a day before her death, 3 years ago.

" hello chashman, how are you ?" his uncle said picking up the call, the adoration was clear in his voice. 

" uncle... i need to ask you something" the graveness in her tone alerted Mr Ahmad. 

" why didnt ammi wanted Rohero family to know about the wedding, why are you always calm in front of daem rohero, in front of your sister's killer " Chashman said feeling as if she would shatter any second. 

" chashman! why are you asking such questions?we will talk once you return" he said.

" no ! i want to know right now! Uncle, i need to know this.... " chashman said as a tear fell from her eye, she was clutching the phone tightly with her shaking hands. 

Saeer ahmad pulled a deep breathe, he could tell that she had already heard the truth." hamna( chashman's mother) had always been a free spirit, she never liked boundaries, when she fell in love with your dad, she married him right away. But Rohero family wasn't something she was ready for. Entering the family meant, living with their rules , losing her freedom, and she wasnt ready for it.Mr rohero ( dada saeen ) was telling Daem roheroto get married, but when he didnt, Mr rohero searched and found about your mother. He was very angry, your mother came here with you for a few days, But unfortunately, she got into an accident on her way home one evening." tears fell from Saeer ahmad's eyes as he remembered the whole thing, as he remembered losing her sister.

 " Ammi was never happy about this marriage, she felt scared for her daughter , she had wanted a simpler and easier life for her daughter , rohero family was anything but. when Hamna died, she blamed Daem rohero for it. She blamed him for everything" Chashman felt her breathe stopping as she heard every sentence. it took minutes for her to take it all in.She could remember her uncle avoiding talking about it, even stopping her grandma saying that she didnt need to hear all this. 

"Chashman?" mr ahmad said, but she wasnt in her senses, she sat on the bed letting the phone slip out of her grip.

Miraan knelt in front of her and looked in her hazed eyes, "you think Uncle cheated your mother, but its not the truth, he loved her, her still loves her"miraan said and got out of the room. he knew that she needed time let it all sink.

Miraan stopped the maid from getting her for dinner saying that she was sleeping. Miraan was very strained during the dinner," is everything okay ? " his father asked. 

" yes" Miraan said quickly, Daem rohero's eyes were on him also. He was feeling unsettled at that moment, his mind was going towards chashman again and again.

----------------------------

Salaam readers! here's the update.