chapter thirty-three

Dear Father, 

I've not written to you in quite a while, but things have been rather hectic at school. I'm sure you've read it all in the Daily Prophet, but they didn't even begin to cover what was happening.

Umbridge was a horrific teacher and consistently harshly punished students for the silliest things. She was constantly installing educational decrees for the smallest things, there was even one that girls and boys weren't allowed to be within eight feet of each other.

She also had these horrible quills that would etch the words you wrote into your hands. I had to do this... three times, I believe, but I can't remember. The words are faded now, so now I just have four long scars on the back of my left hand. 

Eventually, she was sacked from the school when Dumbledore returned, but things haven't gone completely back to normal yet. Voldemort's returned and before Harry fought him, we had to deal with Lucius, Bellatrix and the rest of the Death Eaters they brought. I wasn't thinking and did something rash, which ended up with Bellatrix using the Cruciatus Curse on me. Don't worry, I'm fine, but it was terrifying and excruciating in the moment.

As of now, I've still been living with the Weasley's because... you haven't written back to me... 

I hope you're okay, Father. I'm sorry if I remind you too much of Cedric, but it's not my fault. Please try and find it in your heart to let me know how you're doing. I really miss you, Father.

Sending all my love,

Aurora.

I heave a sigh as I fold up my letter, slide it into an envelope, seal it with wax and neatly write on the front 'Amos Diggory'. I hand the letter up to Errol, one of the Weasley's pets, and send him off. He flies out the window, but still manages to bump into something on the way out, which makes me chuckle slightly.

"Aurora?" I turn around to see Hermione, also in her pyjamas like me, her wash bag in her hand. "Are you okay?" She asks as she walks inside. I nod my head and move away from my desk to my bed, sitting on the end of it. 

Since Fred and George moved out and bought a little flat in Diagon Alley, Molly and Arthur turned their bedroom into mine, which was really sweet of them. They allowed me to decorate it however I liked and, despite my protests, they both contributed some money for decorations and interior. 

"Yeah, just finished writing a letter to Dad," I say, sighing slightly

"Yeah, just finished writing a letter to Dad," I say, sighing slightly. Hermione gives me a smile and says that she's sure he'll respond sooner or later. I smile and thank her. "Have you heard from Harry recently?" She asks and I shake my head. "No, not since his letter last week."

She nods her head and then walks out of my room, presumably to go to the bathroom and brush her teeth. I go to lay down on my bed, but then I hear Ginny and Molly mention Harry's name. I walk out of my bedroom, into the hallway and look down the many flights to stairs.

"Did you mention Harry?" I ask, to which Ginny nods her head and when Ron appears, she asks him if he's in his room. "Course not, I think I'd know if my best friend was in my room, wouldn't I?" Then, Hermione walks into the hallway and asks why she just heard an owl screech. "Apparently he's wandering about the house," Ginny replies.

"Really?" I ask, slightly confused and intrigued. I make my way downstairs and when I walk into the kitchen, I see Harry stood in front of his trunk and Hedwig, a smile creeps onto his face when we make eye contact. "Harry!" I exclaim as I run to him and throw my arms around him, taking in his comforting scent. His arms wrap around me and hold me tightly, smiles on both our faces when we part. He then hugs everyone else, including Molly, who has the warmest motherly smile on her face.

"Why didn't you let us know you were coming?" She asks. "I didn't know, Dumbledore," Harry replies, making Molly exclaim happily. Then, I look over at Ron, who's trying to subtly tell Hermione that she's got toothpaste around her mouth. I chuckle, take Harry's hand and we all walk up to Ron's room, where Harry starts burning a levitating, crumpled up piece of paper. 

"So, when did you get here?" Harry asks Hermione, who responds with a few days ago. "Though for a while, I wasn't sure if I was coming." Harry looks around at us confused, so I let Ron explain. "Mum... kind of lost it last week. Said Ginny, Aurora and I had no business going back to Hogwarts. 'It's too dangerous'," he says. 

"She isn't alone, either," I add, leaning against Ron's bed. "Hermione's parents think something bad is happening and they're Muggles." She nods and we listen as Ron continues. "Anyway, Dad stepped in, told her she was being barmy and... it took a few days but she came around."

"Well," Harry starts, a little confused, "this is Hogwarts we're talking about, it's Dumbledore! What could be safer?" I clear my throat. "Well, there's been quite a bit of talk recently that Dumbledore's... getting a bit... old."

"Rubbish! He's only... how old is he?" Harry asks, to which Ron replies with, "A hundred and fifty? Give or take a few?" We all start laughing and decide to just talk about Fred and George, their joke shop and how we need to make plans to go and visit them.

"I'll go write a letter for them and let Hedwig send it, let her fly for a little while," I say as I stand up and walk out of the room, a smirk on my face thinking about Ron's commentary. Once I'm in my room, I light all my candles and start writing a letter to the twins.  

Dear Gred and Feorge,

Hope that you're both doing well, miss you both so much! The energy in the house just isn't the same without you.

Hermione and Harry are both in the house now, so we were wondering when would be the best time for us to come and visit you both. Everyone wants to see the joke shop and if we all bring stuff, perhaps we could stay for dinner?

Sending love,

Aurora.