(10)

Tw: homophobic slurs

Kenma's POV

I had to get up early Thursday morning to have enough time for makeup. I hated wearing it since it made my face feel funny but I can't exactly walk into school with a busted lip and a bruised face and not expect attention. Of course it wouldn't be good attention, I'd get made fun of either way, which I was good at blocking out at this point so it doesn't even matter. Luckily problem two, my aunt and uncle questioning the bruise, was quickly resolved since they weren't even home this morning. They must've went to work early to clean before they opened the rink.

The walk to school was cold and my sluggishness didn't help. I was in such a rush this morning that I'd only been able to get out of the house with half a piece of burnt toast. I guess it's better than nothing. It'd get me through the day and I could eat when I got home. I never ate in school since, one I don't like eating in front of others, and two I'd much rather play my games. The number of students around me began to increase as I neared the school which only made me feel more uncomfortable. I despise crowds, however, as long as I could listen to my music or play my games I could zone it all out. Unfortunately in my rush today I forgot both of those items, meaning today was going to be a painfully long day.

And that long day began to second I stepped into the school building. A few kids in my class had enjoyed calling me derogatory terms for their own amusement. I never did anything to make them call me these things I guess because I was small, my hair was longer, and my voice was soft they just figured it had to be true. At first it really got to me, like really really got to me, but after a while the endless taught and slurs became nothing but words to me. They didn't mean anything coming from them since they said it so often.

"Well if it isn't Kozume Kenma." A tall boy from my class, Hayato, said standing in front of me to block my path to my locker. I should've expect my day to turn to shit so soon. He was with one other boy and a girl, the boy was also from my class but I didn't recognize the girl.

"Is this the gay boy?" The girl whisper all too loudly into Hayato's ear.

"Yeah he's the fag." I rolled my eyes at his comment, I tried to get around him but he just moved so that I was forced to stay. He just stared at me without saying anything which was kind of weird. He reminds me of one of those babies that just stare at you from their carriages, he's a rather big baby though. Eventually the bell rang for class and the three kids left without another word. I was going to be late though since I still had to stop at my locker.

When I opened my locker to grab my English book for first hour, a yellow note slide out onto the floor below me. I picked it up and read the neat hand writing. Want to eat lunch at the library again? I immediately knew who it was since no one else would be asking to eat with me. I was going to sit there anyways so if Kuroo just so happened to be there as well I guess there isn't much I can do about that. I rushed off the class hoping to avoid a scolding from my teacher for being late, however, seems my nonexistent luck ran out.

When the bell for lunch rang I was hoping to make it to the library quickly, I wasn't excited or anything to talk to Kuroo I just didn't want to run into anyone from my class. However, like I said before my luck doesn't exist. I couldn't even make it a few steps into the hallway before I was again harassed by Hayato. This time though it was just him though, no audience except for he occasional student passing by.

"I don't really appreciate you making me look like a fool in front of my girl." He scoff holding me in place by my shoulder, his grip was rather strong too. I don't recall making him look like a fool, he doesn't need my help for that after all.

"Ok." I settle for a simple answer since I didn't know what else to say. Again I don't remember every making him look bad so I don't really know what he wants me to say.