-Chapter 5-

A/N: Five chapters! POG! How are you guys? Are you enjoying this book?

Techno's POV:

I honestly felt confused. Why was I here, sitting behind a bush, stalking this probably not important person? Why was I so drawn?

I glanced to see if they were looking, nope coast is clear. I sneaked out walking over to them, making it seemed that I had just entered the garden. They didn't seem to notice me...god I hated social interaction, Dream made it so easy.

"Umm...hello," I said trying not to sound awkward. They turned towards me, the smile fading away.

"Oh...hello...sorry didn't see there," they whispered.

"Are you okay...?" Why did I care if they were okay?

"Umm...yeah just thinking...bout stuff," I felt bad, they seemed really saddened. Wait-what...Why did I feel bad?

"My names...Techno...Technoblade..." I looked at them, eyes filled with compassion locking with the smiling mask. A smile to hide the pain...

"Drea - Dre...yeah Dre..." Were they about to say Dream?

"Nice to meet you...Dre," I whispered back, "trying to escape the ball too?"

"Glad to see I'm not the only one," he chuckled, a smile returning. "I would much rather duel."

"Duel...?"

"Yeah...duel you know like fighting," Dre smiled fondly at his comment.

"Yeah I know what fighting is...do you like it?" Talking to Dre was comfortable, I felt like he understood me.

"For fun? Yeah of course I do! You?" He likes fighting too?

"Yes, I would say I'm the best fighter in the land as a matter of fact,"

"Is that a challenge?"

"You want to try and defeat me? Well you'll have to train for another 100 years," I said, confidence rushing through my veins. We stood up walking to the training area, a new conversation starting.

"So I never saw you around, where do you come from?" I asked, personally this would be awkward, but it didn't feel like it...the only person I didn't feel awkward around was Dream.

"Oh...Well I used to live here a few years ago, but I moved away," I froze...What? Could it-

"You okay Techy-I mean Techno" I faced Dre, only Dream used to call me that.

"Ummm-Why do you wear a mask...may I ask?" I glanced up.

"Oh... b-because I -I well I- Private Reasons..." He managed to stutter...I knew there was something more. We kept walking, the silence unbearable.

What happen to him?

Why is he so similar to Dream?

-------------------------

Third Person POV:

They arrived at the field, quickly the two got ready for the duel all in silence...

The tension in air made it hard for Techno to breath. Techno looked at the once mocking mask, he knew there was a story behind it. On the other hand, unknown to Techno a tear rolled down "Dre's" cheek. A soft sigh escaping his once smirk.

The two rushed towards each other, Techno swinging his blade in Dre's direction, the other easily dodging. As Techno kept moving the sword swiftly, but never quite close enough to hit Dre. Occasionally a blade rushed towards Techno, him rising his to block. The two kept throwing hits at the other, them always either dodging or blocking a second away from being hit.

Both decided it was enough childish play, the other had shown skill. Now they would show they could do so much better. Blades dancing and hitting the other each second. Being pulled away just to hit again. Techno had enough his sword going for Dre's back, the blond barely blocking in time. The cycle would restart but Techno punched Dre square in the stomach. He tumbled backwards hitting the ground. Looking up to be met with a sword at his neck. He froze...

Unknown to the pinkette, this had happened before.

Techno and Dream giggled has their wooden blades clanged. It had been a good hour of fighting  with equal skill. You could barely tell one had been raised in the low, poor side of town. Techno swung his sword at his best friend's side. The other blocking narrowly blocking. But Techno's attack had only begun, he pressed harder against the younger. Pushing him backwards. The blond lost balanced and fell. Glancing up in defeat at Techno, holding the blade at his neck.

The two smiled, defeat couldn't break their bond. Dream stood up and wiped the dirt off his clothes. Their grin glowing brighter than the sun. Unaware the blond would leave a few weeks later.

Where would they be if he hadn't left...?

Would things have been the same...?

A/N: First time writing a fighting scene. Did I do good?