Chapter 8:

4 months later:
Isabella arrives today and dad went to the airport to get her. I headed to school we went to first period and people were looking at us and Mike came over to me and asked, "Your sister is coming today, right?"

I nod and say, "The plane just landed today. She's gonna settle in first."

Mike says, "Cullen"

Edward nods and we walk to second period and sit down and my dad had texted me saying that they were home. I sent back good and asked if she liked the truck. He sent back she did a lot and she met Jacob and Billy. I focus on class work and get majorly ahead and mrs. Stone says, "Did you finish the rest of my school work, Luna?"

I say, "Yes"

She smiles and asks, "Are you far ahead of your other classes?"

I say, "Pretty much."

Jessica says, "Mrs. Stone?"

She goes over to the table and people look at me and I say, "No. Do your own work."

They all grumble and the girls stare at Edward. I roll my eyes and they think that they look prettier than I do even though they look slutty. I peek into Edward's mind and he smirks and thinks, 'You are the most gorgeous woman in the room.'

I blush slightly and the girls glare at me. The bell rings and some girl named Sasha came over and said, "You wanna go out with me and see how a woman should treat you?"

I think, 'That's disgusting.'

Edward laughs and she yells, "What the hell is so special about plain Jane over here?"

Edward says, "Everything"

Sasha glares at me and stomps away. We walk hand in hand to my next class, history. I have that with Jazz. I go to my seat and he says, "So, what happened last class?"

I grimace and say, "Some hoe tried to take my man in front of me. He laughed at my thoughts though. She also called me plain."

Jazz replies, "That isn't going to happen and you aren't plain."

I smirk and say, "Oh, I know, Jazzy."

Jazz says, "Feeling sassy today?"

I laugh lightly and he smiles. The teacher says, "You have a work day today through Thursday to finish this project about the Civil War. Pick a side and do a presentation on it about what they did, how they did it, what their views were, info about the leaders, their downfall/victory, etc. Your table partner is who you are doing this with. Get to work."

I look to Jazz and ask, "Confederacy?"

He smirks and says, "Yes, ma'am."

I glare at him and say, "If you don't stop calling me that, I'm going to call you Jazzy poo the rest of our lives."

He nods and I say, "Where should we start?"

We split the work up and got to researching and citing sources. I look up to see poor Jedsica stuck with Captain Creepy who isn't helping her at all. The bell rings and we get our stuff together and I ask Jazz, "What were your views on slavery back then?"

Jazz says, "My family was in the upper mid class you could say. My dad owned maybe two slaves. They had gotten married and had 4-5 kids. They all helped on the farm. We were able to get more land and we did take very good care of them. They were fed well, clothes, shelter, etc. Then it came time for the war. Every male around my age which was 18-25 was automatically drafted. Some just didn't show up. I wanted to fight but I was 17 and I signed myself up. I became the youngest general in the Confederacy at 19. My family had supported slavery and their work was welcomed. When the war ended my dad told them they were free to leave if they wanted to but they stayed with us and lived in Texas on our farm. My dad paid them and I saw this even though I was supposed to be dead not a vampire. My family was definitely distraught by the news but I was with Maria already and fighting a whole new war. I had never lost a fight to this day."

I say, "You lost the fight with the Union."

He chuckles and says, "Come on, Luny. Let's go find your bf. Alice told me that meant boyfriend."

I chuckle and say, "It does."

We head to lunch and go to the table and I sit with my boyfriend and away from Mr. Creepy. I eat a little something and get back to work on my laptop and iPad. I continue on my half of the project and start organizing the presentation and eating my food here and there. Emmett asks, "Trying to be Valedictorian?"

I say, "I'll be Valedictorian, but I won't give the speech."

Edward shuts my electronics off and I pout and he thinks, 'You need a break, honey.'

I nod and lean on him and continue to eat my food and some of his. Its time to go to bio now and we leave and Jess comes over and asks, "Are you going to ever sit with us again?"

I say, "Will he stop being creepy?"

She doesn't answer and says, "Us girls will sit together one day. Your sister could too and we all could get to know her."

I smile and say, "Sure. How's next Tuesday? Give her a chance to settle in a bit."

Jess nods and says, "Are you showing her around?"

I say, "I don't know. I don't know her either."

Jessica asks, "Did your parents each get a child to raise when they divorced?"

I nod and reply, "She stopped coming here a few years ago. I was in New York."

Jess nods and says, "We all will become besties!"

I nod and she walks back to Angela and I smile at her and I try to walk back to Edward and Mike steps in front of me and asks, "How am I being creepy?"

I say, "It's what you say and how you say it. I don't like you and I won't ever because of this. You aren't even my friend. You are too busy trying to get into my pants like every other guy in this school besides Edward to even be friends with me."

He gapes and finally says, "But I like you."

I state, "You can't force me to like you, Michael."

I walk to my boyfriend and hold his hand and we walk to class. I get through the rest of the day and after school head home and Edward kisses me and leaves for his house. Dad asks, "What was that?"

I say, "Edward is my boyfriend. He has been for a while actually."

I see Isabella standing in the living room and dad says, "Bells, this is your sister, Luna."

She nods and dad says, "We are going to the diner for dinner. Do you wanna come, Luns."

I say, "Can you bring me a burger and fries back? I'm going to try and finish my project with Jazz."

Dad nods and says, "You girls are going to do something together this weekend."

I nod and so does she. I go upstairs and lay in my bed and work some more and I hear, "Didn't I tell you to take a break, honey?"

I smile and say, "Yes, Eddie. You did."

He sits on my bed with me and I put on NETFLIX and we watch a movie. He had brought one of his sweatshirts with him and I put it on. We had cuddled and continues to watch the movie and I fell asleep.