Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Leera’s POV

Giving the punching bag a hard push, I growled as it continued to swing back and forth on its chain. I stupidly decided not to wear boxing gloves and my knuckles were bloody and bruised, but all of the memories kept coming back like a never-ending film. The hanging bag was pissing me off, it never got hurt or broken, and it just stood there motionless. Not only that, but my wolf was giving me hell, something about being with Blake; well, that’s what I could gather from her incoherent ranting.

I don’t see how the bag could still stay straight, I was hitting it with as much strength that was physically possible for me, yet the chain didn’t bend or break off. It was a bit of a bruise to my ego, knowing that a punching bag could stand my shifter strength.

A deep chuckle brought me out of my hatred-filled stare-down.

“It’s virtually impossible for you to break that” Blake stated, giving me a wide smirk. Was he here just to piss me off?

“And why is that?” I growled, narrowing my eyes at him; what was he trying to imply, that I was weak? That little piece of-

“Because of the chain; its make of tungsten, one of the strongest metals in the world. It’s almost impossible for a shifter to break, much less a human” He shrugged, but I could feel his amusement through the bond. For some reason he was always amused by what I did, it made me feel like some little kid who hasn’t hit puberty yet.

“Why are you constantly laughing at me? I don’t remember cracking jokes, that’s more of your role” I huffed, still staring at the stupid bag in front of me. Suddenly arms were wrapped around me and I quickly turned around in reflexes, crouched low and brought my right leg out across the ground, aiming to swipe out his legs.

Blake easily jumped over my legs and grabbed my waist, flipping me up into his arms.  I jutted out my elbows and spun in the air, landing on my feet away from him. Grumbling to myself, I swiftly stood up and twisted by body around, while flicking my leg out in a round-house kick, only to have my foot caught and my body spun in the opposite direction.

“I laugh at you because you’re cute and it’s funny” Blake chuckled, while advancing towards me, while I lay on my back across the wooden floor boards. I could only manage to roll my eyes and roll across the floor, escaping his hold. I sprung up when his back was facing me and grabbed onto his neck, but he seemed to have guessed that I was going to do that, and did a forward flip, forcing me to let go and land on my back.

A second later I was lying on my stomach with my hands and elbows pushed together awkwardly behind my head. It wasn’t painful, but it left my upper body immobile and my legs threaded through Blake’s. Although, surprisingly, Blake was keeping all of his weight off my body and had my limbs in a loose, but firm grip.

“Got’cha,” Blake smiled in triumph, making me glower and sink further into the floor. “Now, shouldn’t I get a prize for winning?” I could only imagine the giant, goofy smile that was probably plastered on his face right now.  I can’t believe I lost! I was never going to live this down, although a part of me secretly knew this was going to be the outcome every time Blake and I got into a physical fight.

At least I still had the upper hand in the verbal ones.

“I don’t know, you tell me” I grumbled with a scowl on my face. I hated the feeling of being trapped, but with Blake it seemed… playful and not deadly or threatening in any way.

“Yeesh, you’re always so stubborn, but alright then, I’ll tell you” he grinned wolfishly and flipped me over. But instead of speaking he leaned closer to my face, his mint breath invading all my senses. My arms were now by my side, but I couldn’t seem to think straight from the proximity of our bodies. I kind of felt drunk.