023 | eternal summer

╔══════════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

'𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫' ════════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...NABOO, CHOMMELL SECTOR

𝐁𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐒 of the Phoenix Squadron was unlike anything Poe had ever experienced.

He and Jess kept sharing quick glances with each other, trying their hardest not to be surprised. It continued to be increasingly difficult after the stormtrooper incident, because then they had immediately started running along the rocky shores of the beach towards nothing.

"What the hell are we doing?" Poe had the nerve to ask.

Eden, who was just up ahead of him, glanced over her shoulder. "We're looking for the boat, what else would we be doing?"

Poe blinked. "Right."

"Yeah, dumbass," Jess said, jostling him on the arm. "Stop asking stupid questions."

Georgie did indeed manage to get them spots on a fishing vessel that was headed out towards the scattered islands in the distance. Lyra did the talking, and suddenly the sailor was more than happy to obliged. Poe had spent a considerable amount of time pouring over the maps with Lyra and staking out where they were going to go.

He just hadn't really realized it would involve a boat.

"What did you say to that guy?" Poe said, glancing at the captain of the vessel. "He didn't even ask any questions."

"Potesne nos adiuvare?" she said.

He tilted his head. "Potatoes?"

She shook her head, trying not to laugh. "It means, can you help us, in Old Naboo. Hardly anyone speaks it any more, but there are traditionalists who treat it like a dying piece of the culture's fabric," Lyra explained.

"How do you know he's a traditionalist?" Poe asked, fascinated. "He looks like a fisherman. Smells like one, too."

She pointed at him. "Look at his jacket compared to his crew. They're all wearing the same thing, and the only distinction between them is the way he carries himself. A man of character and empathy with a soft spot for the finer things. It's subtle, but you can tell," she glanced at him. "Or, at least, I can tell."