𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬- 𝐊𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐉𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫

*Y/N's POV*

*Y/N's POV*

Today was a huge day for me. I was named head pediatric surgeon at the Children's Hospital in Los Angeles. It was something I felt like I worked my entire life to achieve and finally all those long nights of studying and missed celebrations have paid off. It wasn't easy doing a job like mine but it's something that I absolutely loved and have always wanted to do since I was a little kid. Growing up I always loved babies and wanted to do something in the field of helping them which led me to go to medical school after graduating high school. I came from a successful family and all I really wanted to do was make my parents proud of me. My dad was a successful lawyer that represented some of the biggest names in the industry, my mom was a well-respected judge. Then there were my brothers and me. My oldest brother Ryan was a doctor and my younger brother Joseph was recently drafted into the NFL and was playing for the Broncos.

So to celebrate tonight I decided to take my girlfriend Kendall out on a date since I had been pretty swamped with work for what seemed like the last two months but once again it was all worth it because I was officially the youngest head surgeon at twenty-five years old. I met Kendall a little over three and a half years ago while on vacation in Fiji. Our friends all hit it off which led to us spending the next two weeks together as a big group. Kendall and I connected on a deep level it was unlike anything I had ever experienced before. We exchanged numbers and followed each other on social media a few weeks after we got home from vacation. I asked Kendall out on a date and our feelings were only confirmed that we really did like each other. We casually dated for a few months because we were both super busy. Her modeling career had her traveling all over the world and I was waist-deep into my residency. But after eight months of casually dating, I finally got the guts to ask her to be mine officially which she immediately accepted.

We moved in with each other last year and it's truly been nothing but bliss. She's incredibly understanding of how demanding my job could be at times just as I'm understanding about her career. It's been different from being a private person to having cameras following you around at home filming your every move but I understood that's what came along with dating Kendall. "You almost ready babe?" I asked Kendall as she sat at her vanity doing her makeup "yeah just give me ten minutes I just need to change my clothes" she replied. I went back into my closet and found a pair of shoes I thought would look good with my outfit and sprayed myself with some Dior Spice Blend and clipped the diamond cross necklace around my neck that Kendall gifted me on our two year anniversary this year. I grabbed my wallet, cellphone, and the keys to my newest purchase, a 2020 Bentley Continental GT, and went downstairs to wait for my girlfriend. I decided to let our puppy Pyro out to do her business while I waited since I knew Kendall would be a few more minutes and I wanted to let our dog get all her energy out so she slept while we were gone.

I watched as the little Doberman ran around the back yard chasing after a ball I was throwing to her making me laugh. "You ready to go now, baby?" Kendall said snaking her arms around my waist startling me "holy shit you scared me I didn't even hear the door opening" I responded as my heart hammered in my chest. Kendall chuckled and stuffed her face in the crook of my neck and breathed deeply "you smell good" she mumbled making me laugh. I turned around and wrapped my arms around her waist "thanks babe it's the Dior one you bought for me remember?" She nodded and smiled "but to answer your earlier question, yeah I'm ready" Kendall called Pyro's name and the black dog came running up to her "come on let's go lay down," Kendall said in a baby voice as she petted the dogs head. I made sure to lock the door behind me as we all got inside. Kendall made sure the dog had food and water and we were set to leave. We walked into the big garage that held our vast collection of cars which always reminded me how lucky we were to have things like this. I opened the door for Kendall and helped her inside earning a kiss from my girlfriend. I walked to the driver's side and got in and started the car. I waited for the garage door to open before I pulled out and began the journey to Beauty & Essex where we would be eating tonight.