Chapter 18

Draco's POV

       Today is the last day of class before holiday break. My mother sent an owl Monday asking me to come home but that's the last thing I want to do. I need to continue working on the vanishing cabinet and with most of the students gone it will be much easier.

        Well, I still have Alexis to worry about. She's staying at Hogwarts along with Snape. As badly as I want her to help it would be impossible to hide that from her dad during the break.

                              "Hey you."

       I look up from my textbook and see Alexis smiling big. Moving my book aside I notice she's wearing very formal clothing.

            "Dressing up just to see me, yeah?" I scoff

    She nods her head sarcastically. "Slughorn's Christmas party is tonight."

                        I raise an eyebrow. "You were invited?"

      "Well, I have one of the best grades in his class, plus my father is going as well."

       My hands press into my temples. I have things to do anyway so I shouldn't care, but the thought of her going by herself dressed that nice makes my brain spin. Especially because I know Potter will be there too. He's probably going to cause her problems.

      Still staring at her dress I finally respond. "Can I see you after?"

      Alexis smiles then nods. I grab her wrist and place a kiss on the top of her hand before she disappears down the hall. Her dress sways back and forth between her legs while she walks.

      Just as I'm about to get up I hear more footsteps and stop myself. Immediately I know who matches with the voices. It's Potter and his girlfriend. At least she's going to be there, she seems to keep him in line.

       As soon as they're gone I make my way up to the seventh floor.

Alexis' POV

       I want Draco to join me at the Christmas party but I know that will only cause more problems. Besides, I know he's going back to the Room of Requirement so he'll be occupied.

      Luna and Harry enter the room together a few seconds after me. I am in shock at how beautiful Luna looks. She doesn't dress up often but when she does it's a lovely sight.