Kissing strangers - Daniel Ricciardo

This one is requested by Evie_Broad. I hope you like it!

You sat at the table across from your best friend. You recently broke up with your boyfriend and were now travelling through Europe. You needed to get away from the everyday scenery. You and your ex-boyfriend had been together for almost five years. You always had so much fun and then suddenly he broke up with you, saying that he fell in love with someone else. It was hard for you to deal with. You went back home to your parents until you would find your own place. Everything there reminded you of him, and you just couldn't take it anymore, so you decided to travel for a while, take some time for yourself.

Travelling to Europe meant that you had to spend time with your best friend Daniel Ricciardo, who lived in Monaco. He's a Formula One driver, and currently, he had a week off. The next race would be here in Monaco, so you decided to stay until then.

You were sitting in a restaurant before you would go out to a club with some of Daniel, his friends.

'How do you like Europe so far?' Daniel asked. When you called him saying that you were coming by, he was super excited.

'Good. Amsterdam has been my favourite so far, probably because they party the best. But Berlin was also fun. Paris was just very chic,' you smiled.

'We're going to change your mind about Amsterdam, though. We can party pretty hard.'

'We'll see,' you said and laughed. You had been in Europe for almost a month now, and you loved it. There was just so much to see. You didn't really want to leave. But the real world was waiting for you back home. You had to find a new job and a place to live in. But if you were honest with yourself, you didn't want to go back home. You felt free here. Nobody knew you, and you could be whoever you wanted to be. If you decided to stay here, that would also mean that you would be closer to Daniel. Not that he was home a lot, but it would be nice to be closer and not be on a plane for 24 hours before you could see him.

You two eat your dinner and then went to the club. You already had a few glasses of wine at dinner, which you already started to feel.

When you arrived at the club, Daniel introduced you to his friends. You only knew his teammate Max Verstappen, who you met at a race a year ago.

'Good to see you, Y/N,' Max said and hugged you.

'You too! How have you been?'

'Pretty good! What about you?'

'Yeah, same. Just travelling through Europe!'

'Cool.'

You and Max started to talk, and Daniel came back from the bar with some drinks. You eagerly took the glass from his hands and drank it like your life was depending on it. Another friend of Daniel came back to the ground with a tray full of shots.

'Two for everybody!' he yelled.

You grabbed the shots and drank the two shots.

'You good?' Daniel asked, getting a bit worried. You were never much the type to drink that much at a party.

'Yes! Let's prove that you can party harder then Amsterdam!' you yelled at him.

The party had been going on for a few hours, and you had been dancing with various men. You maybe had a little bit too much to drink, but you were having fun. You were dancing like your life depended on it, and here and there you shared a kiss with a guy you danced with.

'Alright, we're going home,' Daniel said.

'What? Already?'

Daniel nodded. 'We're moving the party somewhere else.'

'Fine,' you snorted.

You were just having fun. You said goodbye to Daniel, his friends and then followed Daniel outside.

'You are completely wasted,' he said when you were outside.

'You have good booze here, Dan. You definitely party the best. And those guys are way hotter than anywhere else.'

Daniel stopped walking. 'Since when do you kiss strangers and drink this much?'

'I'm in Europe, I can do whatever I want,' you said. You slapped Daniel on his shoulder and walked away from him.

'You can't keep kissing strangers and pretending it's him.'

You stopped walking. 'You don't get to tell me who I can and can't kiss. Remember when your last girlfriend broke up with you?'

Daniel didn't respond.

'That's what I thought,' you mumbled and started to head to Daniel his apartment.

The whole way home, Daniel didn't say a thing to you, and neither did you. The walk home sobered you up a little. You were going to have the worst hangover tomorrow.

Once you got home, you kicked off your shoes and walked to the kitchen to grab something to drink.

'Why do you kiss them?' Daniel asked.

You turned around to him. 'Why not?'

'You should be kissing random guys, Y/N.' Daniel walked closer to you. He stopped when he stood right in front of you. He tucked a piece of hair behind your hair.

'I know you're not ready for another relationship and I don't know if you're even going to remember this tomorrow, but I'm so glad that he dumped you. Now I can finally do this,' Daniel said and pressed his lips against yours.

You didn't push him away. You did the exact opposite by pulling him closer to you.