Chapter 140

Chapter 140 - There was no way he would let Qiaoqiao work at his company (1)

Song Tingshen's move made the room go silent for a few seconds.

His great-aunt dryly smiled. She accepted the 300 yuan and said, "Then great-aunt won't be polite with you. You're doing so well in the capital city. I thought you wouldn't come back."

Ruan Xia finally recovered from her shock. She wasn't familiar with this group of people, but she knew what kind of person Song Tingshen was. For him to act this way, it meant that he disliked his relatives a lot. But then again, why did he dislike them? They probably did some outrageous things before Song Tingshen had become successful and rich. At the very least, they had already touched Song Tingshen's bottom line.

She suddenly understood why Song Tingshen didn't want her to buy anything, not even first-time meeting gifts. These days, money is spent quickly. It would cost at least 500 yuan just to buy fruits and nutritional supplements. If you buy a gift, you have to spend at least 500 yuan. Now that he was only giving them 300 yuan, he was saving 200 yuan. In addition, this flippant action didn't give his great-aunt or her family any face.

Ruan Xia was somewhat excited. She had read so many novels and outrageous relatives dramas were usually a staple for the female lead, but it was rare to see an overbearing CEO personally tear up his relationship with his outrageous relatives!

Song Tingshen sat down next to Ruan Xia. He smiled. "I'm not doing that good. I'm just barely taking up residence in the capital city. If my home in the capital city wasn't too small, I would invite great-aunt to stay in my home for a while."

"I don't have that good fortune." His great-aunt paused and pointed at a young woman that was standing at the side. "Tingshen, do you still remember her? She's your cousin. Her name is Qiaoqiao. She graduated from college this year. We originally want her to take an exam to be a government official at a local office. That would be a secure job. But, she insists on wanting to temper herself by going to the capital city. I heard that you have a big company now. How about you give her a job there? Don't you agree that it'll be worry-free to employ someone from your family?"

Ruan Xia glanced at the young woman called Qiaoqiao. She narrowly avoided getting struck by thunder again.

She didn't know if Qiaoqiao was a cousin that was at least three times removed from Song Tinghsen, but based on how Qiaoqiao was looking at him with a woman's bashful look, anyone with eyes could see that she was a bit interested in Song Tingshen...

Ruan Xia hastily looked away and lowered her head to drink tea. She started to calculate how distantly these two were related. Qiaoqiao was Song Tingshen's great-aunt's granddaughter and Song Tinghsen's father's cousin's daughter, so then, how should Qiaoqiao address Song Tingshen?

She was making herself dizzy with this line of thought.

Regardless, if Qiaoqiao was his cousin three times removed or not, she, Song Tingshen's legal wife, was sitting here too. The chubby kid, who was Song Tingshen's dearest son that he couldn't be any closer with, was sitting on her lap. Why were they acting as if she didn't exist?

Although Ruan Xia had her head lowered and was drinking tea, her ears were perked up. She wanted to hear how Song Tingshen would refuse.

Yes, she was sure that he would definitely refuse. His earlier behavior was already sufficient to express that he very much disliked these relatives. There was no way he would let Qiaoqiao work at his company.

Song Tingshen looked at Qiaoqiao and asked, "Which college did you graduate from?"

Qiaoqiao said the name of a college. It was a local college.

"A third-tier college?" Song Tingshen's tone sounded a bit regretful. "Great-aunt, I'm really sorry, but I don't have the final say in the company. There's a boss above me. Our company has a standard policy when it comes to hiring people. Graduating from a first-tier college is a minimum requirement. I can shamelessly ask my boss for a favor, but I'm worried that Qiaoqiao is thin-skinned. People from big companies love to gossip. If I just give her the job and everyone else applied for their jobs with their own strength, they would inevitably have opinions about her."