Chapter 145

Chapter 145 - Did he want revenge against his great-aunt and her family? It didn't seem like it (3)

Ling Feng straightened his back. He glanced at Ruan Xia and then at Song Tingshen. Nodding, he answered, "En, yes."

Although his girlfriend couldn't be considered beautiful, that didn't matter. Her family background was very good.

When looking for a wife, you should find one that can save you 20 years of struggling in your career. Song Tingshen was too stupid. Although his wife was a native of the capital city, she didn't have much money. Who cares if she was beautiful? That wouldn't bring him any benefits.

Song Tingshen paused. "Is your girlfriend's last name He? And she has an older brother named He Fei?"

"You know of him?" Ling Feng was surprised.

Song Tingshen waved his hand. "We're more than just acquaintances. Hei Fei was my deskmate in high school. Our relationship is better than normal. Oh right, he invited me over to his home for dinner in the near future..." After speaking to this point, he looked at Ruan Xia.

His tone became softer, as if it was a private conversation between a young couple, but he controlled his voice so that everyone at the table could hear him. "He Fei's grades weren't good. When the teacher assigned him to sit at the same desk as me, I tutored him and helped him with homework to earn living expenses and pocket money. He's actually very smart. When he took the college entrance exam, his score easily met the requirement for getting into first tier colleges. At that time, his family members insisted on inviting me over for a meal. When Deputy Director He came to the capital city last year for an academic meeting, he called me."

A variety of marveled expressions spread over the people sitting at the table, including Song Tingshen's great-aunt. No one had known that Song Tingshen had such a relationship with the He's.

Ling Feng was dumbfounded. Although he said that He Qing was his girlfriend, his family members knew that he was still working hard on pursuing her. He wasn't successful yet. If Song Tingshen said specious words in front of He Fei...

Song Tingshen's great-aunt's expression kept changing. She wasn't even in the mood to eat her favorite dish, braised pork elbow. After dinner was over and Song Tingshen, Ruan Xia, and Little Wang were preparing to leave, Song Tingshen's great-aunt took out a card from her room. She handed it to him in front of everyone and was barely able to squeeze out a smile. "Tingshen, you're going through a rough patch with your business, and great-aunt can't help you much. There's a hundred thousand yuan on this card. This is money that great-aunt saved. Take it."

Song Tingshen repeatedly refused. "Great-aunt, how could I take your money? If it wasn't because my financial difficulties, I should be the one giving you money."

Song Tingshen's great-aunt insistently stuffed the card into his hand. "It's not all my money. The compensation money from your parent's accident hasn't been completely used up, and there's also the money from those two properties. I was thinking of saving that money for when you marry a wife, but my memory is bad. I should have taken this out a long time ago. Your son is already attending kindergarten. The pin number on this card is 680817."

"Is this really the money my parents left behind?" Song Tingshen hesitantly asked.

Song Tingshen's great-aunt grinded her teeth. Swallowing her bitterness, she answered, "Yes."

Looking as if he was very reluctant to accept and touched by her gesture, Song Tingshen said, "Great-aunt, you really put forth painstaking efforts for my sake."

The large family sent off the family of three all the way out the door.

Song Tingshen stopped a taxi. He led Little Wang and Ruan Xia in repeatedly saying goodbye. It was a heartwarming scene.

After the taxi had driven far away and they could no longer see that family, Song Tingshen returned to his usual indifferent expression. He handed the card to Ruan Xia. "Here, take it. A hundred thousand yuan... that should barely be enough for you to buy a purse."

Ruan Xia was almost swept off her feet in admiration for Song Tingshen. He was a natural-born businessman. He had changed three hundred yuan for a hundred thousand yuan!