The Mad Genius

Midoriya Izuku had always been special.

While other kids his age played with cars and dolls, he built toast machines.

While other kids pleaded for candy from their parents, he requested machine parts.

While other kids played with each other, squealing and laughing while they ran around, he observed them, jotting down words into his notebook non-stop.

This was when he was only three years old.

His mother finally had enough after he nearly burnt their house down due to an invention malfunctioning, enrolling him into the nearest kindergarten and encouraging him to socialize.

It was there that he met Bakugou Katsuki, a blond with a potty mouth and a nasty temper.

He was immediately drawn to him. The confidence the boy had in himself was astonishing, and that intrigued him.

It was one week after his first day that he approached the boy.

"Hello, the name's Midoriya Izuku." The boy turned around from the other two boys next to him, taking a glance at him.

"What the fuck do you want, you nerd?"

Izuku's smile widened. His language skills were quite impressive for his age, even if he chose to demonstrate that by insulting others. Of course, not on Izuku's level, but Izuku was aware he was an abnormality.

Also, the blond was defensive, huh? Looks like approaching him earnestly and innocently would be the easiest way to gain his trust.

His eyes closed and his face morphed into a childish grin, full of excitement and innocence.

"I just wanted to see what you were doing," he told the boy, who eyed him in distrust. "Can I play as well?"

The boy stared at him for what felt like hours, before nodding.

"We're playing Heroes and Villains. You know how to play?"

Izumi nodded. That was a popular game for their age, as many idolised heroes.

"Yup!" he exclaimed happily. "So, what will I be?"

Katsuki was thoughtful for a few seconds before he replied.

"You're the villain. The others are heroes." Izumi nodded, saluting teasingly.

"Gotcha, Kacchan!" The boy's face lit up a bright red.

"W-who told you you can call me that?" he cried out in embarrassment, making Izuku scratch his cheek sheepishly.

"Well 'Kacchan' is easier to say than 'Katsuki', right?" Seeing that he still was a bit uncomfortable, he suggested: "You can call me Izuku in return!"

The blond finally nodded, making the green-haired boy beam.

"Alright!" he yelled out, first pumping into the air in victory. He then turned to the three boys, an excited expression on his face. "So, when do we start?"

{}

It took a week for Izuku to gain Katsuki's trust completely, and by then, the boy would share almost everything with him.

Well, things that didn't hurt his pride, that is.

Izuku was now allowed to see his 'less cool' side, which was pretty much his more childish side that he allowed come out every so often.

Inko was quite happy with their friendship and seeing that Mitsuki was actually her classmate in high school, it was a given that they started to have playdates at each other's house.

It was three months after they first met that Katsuki's Quirk manifested.

The small explosions he could create we're quite fascinating to the greenest, so he broke his childish mask a bit, buying a new notebook and taking it everywhere to analyse the boy, which annoyed him quite a bit, but also swelled his ego, so he allowed it, telling the boy that 'he was allowed to stalk him creepily as long as it helped him with his Quirk', which the bit replied cheerily with a 'yes, Kacchan!'.

Time passed, and Izuku's birthday came. Unfortunately for the boy, there were no signs of a Quirk appearing, but Izuku was quite sure it would manifest soon enough.

His instincts told him so, and that had never been wrong before.

Once, he had had a bad premonition and decided not to swing on the monkey bars, and the next child who had done so had been met with the surprise of one of the bars snapping into two and had fallen, breaking his arm.

From then on, he had trusted his intuition, and it had helped him several more times, one of them including a gas pipe exploding and killing several citizens.

He was, of course, correct as his Quirk manifested half a year later, and he could not be happier with what it was.

He called it 'Perfect Division'.

It allowed him to split anything within his line of sight into perfectly even two parts. At least, that was what was written in his Quirk Registry.

It was, in fact, more than that.

It also allowed him to split his conscious into pieces, and multitask perfectly.

It also allowed him to undo his 'splitting', or any 'split' there was.

So, technically, he could fix wounds and collateral damage, and his theory was proven correct after falling and ripping his leg a long gash from a tree branch.

The scar remained, but the wound was fully healed as if it hadn't been damaged in the first place.

He didn't tell anyone about it, because if it was known how powerful and versatile his Quirk was, it was entirely plausible for him to be targeted.

He would rather not have that happen.

After he started primary school, Katsuki distanced himself from Izuku.

When asked why, he told the boy that he didn't think he could be a hero with his Quirk, because, 'all he could do was cut an apple into two, no more and no less'.

Katsuki didn't know that Izuku had predicted this would happen, and had weakened himself on purpose to see his reaction.

The blond also didn't know about the dozen notebooks solely dedicated to him at Izuku's room, nor that the upperclassmen he pissed off due to his horrible temper didn't attack him because Izuku threatened them behind his back.

Several still had long scars covering their limbs, and neither of them explained how they had happened.

Let's just say Izuku had many people staring at him in fear whenever he passed by them.

At least it only took one glare to make them look elsewhere.

It would be against his plans if Katsuki noticed the gazes. After all, the boy was quite smart, and Izuku didn't doubt that he would realize why almost immediately.

As he glared at the sixth year who was approaching Katsuki with a scowl, Izuku decided that his life was good.

He would soon realise that it would get much better.

But that was only after he was pushed off the rooftop.

Oh well, he would survive anyway.

And discover something more about himself.

Something quite important.

Important enough to change his life.