Chapter 67 - 🖤

{ A reader of mine made this & emailed it to me. Thank you for the amazing cover! I love it! }

•Damon's POV ~

"We need to talk." Jenny says, looking at us with a mix of emotions in her eyes.

"Talk about what?" I ask, with my arm wrapped possessively around, Roxie.

I know that Roxie trusts her, but she's still the sister of, Franchesko Ivanov. Her brother is the boss of the Russian Mafia. The Bratva. I can't let my guard down around her. At least not until I know that she isn't planning something.

"My brother, Frankie." She tells me, her voice shaky and low.

I pause for a moment and then nod my head towards the house, "We could talk inside."

She slowly begins walking towards the house with Mark following closely behind her. Roxie and I, both continue after them and we all make our way to the living room.

"Have a seat." I tell her, as I help Roxie sit down. Instead of sitting down beside Roxie, I stay standing up.

Mark closes the double doors to the living room and stands beside them. Jenny takes a seat on the sofa across from us.

"You can talk now." I say, wanting her to get straight to the point.

She exhales a deep breath before saying, "I- ... I love my brother. He may not be the best person in the world, but he's the only family that I have now. I know he's done some horrible things, like sending our baby brother to do his business. Like how he's hurt, Roxie. How he lied to her about who he is, who our family is and what he does. Despite everything that he did, I don't want anything to happen to him."

I narrow my eyes at her, "So, what? You came here to remind us about what he's done? You came to cry about how much you love your brother? Well, I have news for you. Once I get my hands on that fucker, he's as good as dead."

"Damon!" Roxie calls out, her eyebrows furrowed together.

Jenny lets out a sigh and says, "You didn't let me finish." I watch her closely and listen to what she has to say. "I don't want anything to happen to him, but he's way too out of control now."

"Out of control how?" Roxie asks, her voice shaking a bit.

"He found something a few months ago. I don't know what he found, but whatever it was, it made him go mad. I thought he would only act that way for a little while, but I was wrong. As time passed by, he became angrier and angrier by the minute. More aggressive towards everyone... even me." Tears build up in Jenny's eyes as she looks to the floor.

Roxie and I stay silent, waiting for her to continue talking. I watch as her bottom lip trembles and the tears flow down her face.

I've seen plenty of people fake tears to get what they want. Either she's the best damn actor ever, or she's actually telling us the truth.

After a moment, she looks back up at Roxie with teary eyes, "Frankie has always wanted you. Everyone who knew us personally knew that. A few days ago, Frankie and his men all took off out of town. They were supposed to be gone for a week. He must have forgotten something because they returned that same night around one in the morning. At the same time that they returned, I was in his office going through his things. I had just found some files when I heard his office door unlocking. I barely caught a glimpse of what was inside the folder before I shoved it back in the drawer and found a spot to hide. Frankie ended up taking that file and a few other important things with him before they left again."