Chapter 3 - Wanting to give up

Gideon POV

Gideon POV

Here I am on the campus bench area with my friend Sean. Our class got suspended early because my professor had an emergency.

It's been two weeks since Auntie Vanessa and Uncle Luke's anniversary. Two weeks that, I decided to avoid Mew! I'm trying this time to let go of him. If I want to mend my heart, I need to avoid him. I need to forget my feeling for Marcus or even lessen them for a bit until there is nothing left but friendship. I'm still his best friend, though, and that will never change no matter what!

I know it's not easy, but I can't take it anymore, and I don't know what to do if I continue to be this way. I want to get out of this jail that I put myself in. The prison of being in love with someone I know would never love me back! I know it will be unfair to Mew. It's not his fault that I fall in love with him. It's not his doing that I fall in love with my best friend. It's just that I'm having a hard time right now. I feel so suffocated every time I see him with her.

But as the days go by, that's not what is happening. Instead of forgetting Mew or my feeling for him, I miss him more. I long for his attention! I miss his smiling eyes, veiny arm, presence, everything! I miss him so much that it feels like whenever I'm not with him every second, even just as his friend. I feel like I'm dying! I'm dying inside!

In the past, whenever I wanted to see Mew, I would do everything, even create a lame excuse to go to him. There are moments when I choose not to buy food for my lunch or breaks to have enough money to take a cab and go to his office. Call me pathetic, but it's true!

I pretended not to know things academically, even though I already knew those lessons. I pretended to be an idiot in front of him to get his attention, which he gladly offered at that time. I know he will be willing to help me anytime. I can see it in his eyes! I'm important to him! I know I am! I can survive even if I'm just his best friend.

At that moment, when I was with Mew, I felt that time had stopped, and the world was ours. Whenever I'm with Mew, I feel so genuinely happy. I fell in love with him deeper each day that he was with me. His attention was all mine. He made me feel like I was his no.1 priority. Even though he was busy with something like his work as president, he would drop it all off to stay with me. We were inseparable before, and I'm so happy about it. Like over the moon happy!

But everything changed when he met Allyssa. She took him away from me. I admit that I hated her so much because of it. I know it's not her fault. I know she didn't mean to hurt my feeling. She doesn't know my feeling for Mew. But what can I do? That's how I feel about her!

She took away my happiness! She took my Mew!

I didn't realize that I was spacing out for a long time. I only did when Sean suddenly hit my head with his free hand to get my attention.

"Ouch!" I exclaimed to him. It hurts! What is wrong with this fucking friend of mine that suddenly hit me? I got up and smacked his head back for revenge. Does he think I will not?