Chapter thirty four

Being rudely drawn from my slumber by the high pitched bleeping of a comlink I groaned and leaned further into Anakins warm chest while keeping my eyes firmly closed. I could feel his arm wrapped round my back, holding me gently. However the bleeping was intruding of this wonderful peaceful moment immensely, so blindly I reached a hand lazily out and tried to find it. My hand landed on Anakins chest, then his bicep...then his face.

However I didn't notice that until he shifting seeming to have woken up. Again I groaned and tried to hurry myself closer against him, feeling him gently remove my hand from his jaw and set it aside. Then he shifted again and seemed to look towards the direction of the bedside table, the comlink.

"...don't answer it..." I groaned without opening my eyes, hearing a soft chuckle in response before lips pressed a light kiss to my head.

"I have to Angel, it's master Kenobi." He replied in a soft whisper as he pulled one hand away from me and sat up a little. Again I groaned but still refused to open my eyes.

"...tell him he's the worst." I mumbled absentminded while rolling to face away from Anakin and further bury myself in the soft sheets. I could feel the mattress shift as I guessed Anakin go up though I was still trying to go back to sleep.

"Anakin, where have you been?-and by the force couldn't you have at least put a robe on??" Obi wake voice filled the room causing me to groan again. "Wait what was that? where are you?"

"No where special master, what is it you called for?" Anakin asked back moving on the subject.

"Right, the council has issued new orders regarding you, (y/l/n) and myself, we're being sent out immediately for the Christorphsis system so pack your things and be at the military post as soon as you can, I'll try and get the message to (y/n) though it appears her comlinks been turned off."

'Whoops.'

The realisation slowly dawned on me that this meant we'd be leaving Coruscant by the end of the day and heading out into the war. The thought alone made me feel a little sick with stress and I pulled my knees up a little towards my chest, eyes slowly opening ever so slightly.

"Okay master understood, I'll be there as soon as I can." Anakin responded though I didn't really catch the end of their discussion.

This was it, I was finally about to see what life was like actually physically out in the war instead of just behind enemy lines. The enemy, now there's a scary thought, what would I do if we were confronted with Dooku again. Actually for that matter what would Dooku do, try to kidnap me, or maybe kill me. And that ex apprentice of his, he was still wandering free much to my dismay, I have no doubts he'd try to kill me.

What am I saying, it's a war, half the guns their will be trying to kill me...well let's hope just half.

Sitting up I ran a hand through my hair with a frown, staring blankly ahead and down at the floor. I felt my ring graze over my skin and suddenly realised this also meant our wedding would have to wait. With a sigh I let myself flop back against the sheets.

"You're stressing, relax it's going to be fine." Anakin said soothingly while taking a seat down of the edge of the bed beside me. His hand calmly reached up and swept some of my hair from my face, allowing me to see his gentle smile and protective eyes. This was a man who'd defy all orders to rescue me, with him, I truly was safe.

"...how are you always so confident?" I asked while giving him a small smile as I propped myself up on my elbows. Anakin gave me a cocky smirk as a gleam crossed his eyes.

"I'm the chosen one Angel it's kinda my thing," He chuckled, leaning in and pecking my cheek before pulling back again and offering a hand to help me up. "Now come on, we've got to sneak back before Obi wan catches on."