In Here

It surprised Sukara when Kuvira grabbed her hand from behind to hold her back. She frowned as her ex girlfriend told her to be quiet while pulling her off to the side, away from the group.

"In here," Kuvira whispered as she pulled Sukara through a door and closed it behind them.

Sukara went to speak, to ask Kuvira what she was doing but she was stopped when Kuvira leant down and kissed her. It was passionate but soft, it was good kiss but, it offered no sense of comfort to Sukara whatsoever. It only confused her more.

"What?" Sukara exclaimed as they broke apart.

"Are you feeling better?" Kuvira asked, her arms still around Sukara's waist, keeping their bodies close.

"What?" Sukara asked again, pulling out of Kuvira's hold to step away from her.

"What's wrong?"

"What was that?" Sukara exclaimed, throwing her hands up, thoroughly confused by the whole situation.

"I kissed you," Kuvira frowned, starting to realise that they were not on the same page about this.

"Yeah, but why?" Sukara asked, making sure to keep distance between them this time.

"Do you not want me to kiss you?" Kuvira asked, a slightly worried frown on her face.

"That's not what I said," Sukara told her, backtracking a little as she tried to figure out a way to explain herself.

"So you do want me to kiss you?" Kuvira asked, a playful smirk on her lips as she tried to figure out where they stood.

"Yes... I mean no. Ye-- no. I don't know," Sukara sighed, placing herself down on a little bench by the wall, "I just-- not right now, okay?"

"Okay," Kuvira smiled, sitting down next to her, "I'm sorry, I should've asked you what was wrong."

Sukara just let her head fall into her hands and rubbed at her eyes.

"Will you tell me?" Kuvira asked, reaching out to tuck a piece of hair behind Sukara's ear, "is it about the wedding? Do you regret it?"

"No," Sukara reassured her as she noticed how worried Kuvira looked, "not it but, I didn't want to hurt anyone either."

"What do you care about Baatar?" Kuvira chuckled, running her hand over her own legs to stop herself from reaching out and touching Sukara again.

"I was talking about Kasa," Sukara said, a little more sharply than she had intended to.

"Oh, that girl you were with," Kuvira said, shuffling a little as she kept glancing up from her feet to see how Sukara was feeling, "is she like your girlfriend then?"

"Not anymore," Sukara told her, not looking up from her feet, "but she was when we..."

"Right," Kuvira nodded, not really sure of what to say next but not wanting to leave either.

"What about Baatar?" Sukara asked, getting up from the bench, "is he like your boyfriend then?"

"No," Kuvira chuckled, leaning back against the wall, "we're not together together."

"Have you tired telling him that?" Sukara said, rolling her eyes a little as she went to reach for the door.

"He knows."

"I don't think he does," Sukara said sharply, opening the door to go and rejoin the others.

"Sukara don't be like that," Kuvira sighed, getting up in an attempt to make her stay.

"How are you okay with this?" Sukara asked, clearly getting annoyed by Kuvira's calmness, "you wanna sneak around like we're sixteen hiding from our parents because it makes it more exciting?"

"Wasn't it fun before?" Kuvira asked, she hadn't intended to annoy Sukara, she thought it would be more fun this way, "kissing you round corners so that no one saw? Sex in the broom closet? You sneaking into my room at night? Did you not enjoy it before?"

"No one was getting hurt before," Sukara told her as she left the room, closing the door behind her.