Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Francy's p.o.v

"Ace swears it's not him but ... that won't stop Lucy if he is out for blood."

My insides turned upside down. I grabbed Remi's hand and we ran out of there. There was no one outside anymore and classes must have started already.

"Remi, can you give me your car keys. I need to go and find Ace."

"Are you insane?" Remi panicked. "At least let me go with you if you're planning on doing something stupid."

"I just want to go there and see if there is the need for calling someone. I won't do anything stupid."

"You don't even have a driver's license," Remi yelled.

"I know how to drive." In theory.

"UH-uh. We're not risking it. Call Kai."

"He is already in class. You know that he won't help me unless there's something in it for him."

"Text him. Tell him that is an emergency."

Hesitant I did exactly that. A minute later after I sent a text, he called me.

I had to lie to get out of class for this call. What do you want?"

"I need someone to drive me to the devil's den to find Ace. He is in trouble."

Did you call me for this? He can take care of himself.

"Help me out here Kai."

I don't want to skip class just because our stupid brother and you..

"Fine then I and Remi will go together to the Devil's den." I waited for a second after laying down the bait. "Remi you will come with me right?"

"YES." She yelled.

I'll be right there.

I sent Remi back to class grateful she was willing to lend me the car. Kai joined me a few minutes later.

"What changed your mind?" I asked teasingly.

"It's already dangerous that you went there alone, so it will be worse if you two go together."

Aha yeah sure.

We got in her car and I passed him the keys.

"So this is her car?" He asked while I was putting on the seatbelt.

"Yes," I answered.

"It smells nice." He said and then cleared his throat. "I mean like a girl's car. Perfume. Nice. That's what I meant."

Yeah yeah, save it, buddy.

We drove to the devil's den with my instructions and parked somewhere close so we could do a stakeout.

"They are probably inside." I said worried. "What if something happens?"

After I told Kai what had happened, I could tell he was relieved I told him before rushing here alone.

"I can't believe the devil's den is Lucy's place. I'm so stupid." Kai shook his head.

"You know Lucy?" I asked.

"Know of him. He is a legend in the tech world. That's why Ace idolizes him. He told me in his first year of high school Lucy hacked into the school's system and gave all the seniors the answers for the final exams. He became a legend. He almost went to juvie for that."

"Did he?" I said panicking my brother must have mixed up with a criminal.

"No, no. His parents got him off with just a fine, but they say after that summer he came back cruller and more vicious than anyone. He makes so much money doing, devil knows what in his free time. Probably hacking for foreign countries."

"That's speculation Kai." I sighed. "Let's hope your imagination is wilder than the truth."

Suddenly we saw a group of boys leaving the house. Amongst them, I spotted Ace.

"There he is." I said.

"I'll go there. You stay here hidden. Head down." Kai told me and got out of the car.

I watched him approach Ace and then they both disappeared.

I got a text after that.

Kai- Ace is fine, but he needs to run an errand for Lucy. I'll go with him to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid. Go home by foot! I'll come back for Remi's car later. DON'T DRIVE WITHOUT A LICENSE.

I sighed annoyed. Great now not only do I have to worry about one brother but two and my way home.

I took my bag and decided to at least get some coffee before heading home. It was freezing.

I entered the coffee shop and headed straight for the counter. I ordered a hot mocha and took a look at the ambient. My tingling sense of a good aesthetic was triggered. The tall windows, the little flowers decorating the sides. The chill vibe and the music. Maybe I can sit here a bit? Just until I drink my coffee.

Lucy's p.o.v

The coffee was good but the rest of my day was shit. And it kept getting shittier. I leaned my head on my hand and sighed. Those stupid idiots had to go and make a mess while I was gone. How hard was it to keep equipment like that safe? And if they think they will get away with it, then they have another thing coming. I just hope the guys I sent out to get the parts I need to fix the computer won't fuck up that one job I gave them.

I played with my mug when I saw her standing there next to the counter waiting for the order. It was the cat girl.

She seemed to be in awe of the ambiance. It was the same face she had in the café yesterday. I observed her for a bit.

Her long hair was down and her green eyes glinted as she took on the scenery. Her legs were visible in the dress she wore peeking from her coat hanging down to her knees.

She was even prettier today.

I slid down the table and kept staring at her.

And just like that our eyes met. Her green eyes locked in mine for a good few seconds. I couldn't look away. I wonder why I want to talk to the cat girl again.