12 | permission

Jay~

Jay~

"Hey, can I talk to you?" Jake asked me after our last exam. I didn't even realize he was in my statistics class until now. Maybe I just never payed attention to my surroundings.

"Yeah, what about?" We finally got outside and sat on the benches that overlooks our campus.

"About Ally... I like her a lot. I'm planning on asking her out soon, and I just wanted to get permission from you." He rubbed the back of his neck and shyly asked.

"Why would you need to do that? It's not like I'm her mom... and what if I say no?" I stared at him and raised an eyebrow.

"Then I'll wait until you allow her to date. Win over her trust, as well as yours. Your opinion is valuable to me, because I know how important you are to her. She said you're like family."

Family... right.

Also, damn it. This guy is practically perfect... he's insanely smart, good looking, kind and very respectful. Where else would Ally find a guy like this? More so, a guy like this that's interested in her?

"I'm fine with whatever she wants. As long as she's happy, then it's all good with me. Just never hurt her and take great care," I patted his back and stood up. "And I hope you'll still let her see me. I know some guys hate it when their girlfriend hangs out with other men."

"Of course! That won't be a problem... right?" He waited for my answer but I honestly blanked out.

"Of course not."

Ally's like a porcelain doll. She's tough and perfect on the outside, but inside she's shallow and very fragile. I've always casually protected her, in ways that wouldn't make her feel indebted towards me. It's weird to know that someone else is about to take my role.

I hate it.

__________________________

Ally~

"My friend is having problems, can you give him some advice?" Jay came over to my place after school to get free food.

"What did you do to Elle?" I immediately took his girlfriend's side, because Jay could be so oblivious sometimes.

"Wow, you're so quick to assume!" He crossed his arms and huffed. "It's not about Elle. I have a friend who feels conflicted. He said his friend's potential boyfriend came over to meet him, to get permission to ask his friend out."

"Wait, that's so cute! Jake asked you for permission..." I giggled just thinking about it. "Why are you feeling conflicted?"

"I-I never said it was Jake!" He began to stutter. My friend here isn't a very good liar. "I don't wanna lose you."

"Huh?" I got a bit taken aback. "I'm not going anywhere. It's just the same as you and Elle-"

"It's not the same. I've had multiple flings in my life, and you've gotten used to it. I'm not though. I swear, I'll try to adjust to it... but promise me- we'll still make time for each other." He began to run out of breath trying to catch his words.

"Of course! You know how much you mean to me... that's why Jake even felt the need to ask you. I'm sure he understands as well. You and I will be best friends, no matter what happens. How can I possibly get rid of you when you live right next door? Or how I have to get on the same bus as you every morning? Or have most of our lectures together? We're inseparable."

"I'm glad," Jay patted my head and gave me a genuine smile. "I love you... like family, of course. You already know that."

My heart skipped a bit.

"I loved you too."

Although, that's about to be over soon. I shouldn't feel this way anymore.

___________________________

THANKS FOR 1K+ !!! SO FAST WTF IM SO THANKFUL <3 Also the EN-CONNECT EVENT HAVE BEEN KEEPING ME BUSY ^_^

⭐️

Song: Kim Yeonji (김연지) — Words Of My Heart (마음의 )

(LYRICS: things the person wanted to tell the other, but couldn't because of their fear of not being heard. They're in love on their own, and keeping it inside)