CHAPTER 96

Back to Dehli - @ RH ------------

Arnav stormed down the stairs in anger. His wife is not obeying his summons. He will see to it now that when he calls, she should come to him without any excuses. He will not tolerate this from now on. He hates it when he didn't get to see her face, first thing in the morning. Since the time they had went on their honeymoon, he had been woken up to see his wife's beautiful face and it had become a habit for him, to seek his wife first thing in the morning ... he loves to cuddle her.

But she was missing from his side when he woke up this morning. He went down in search for her and was informed by Hari Prakash that she had gone out to Mandir with Nani and Mami. He grumpily went back to his room, knowing well that Khushi won't pick his call in Mandir, but he still texted her to call him as soon as she reads his message.
He freshen up and check Arush, who was sound asleep in his crib. He checks the time, it was 8.44am ... still 2 hours left when Arush wakes up. So Arnav took the baby monitor down and had breakfast with Akash, Mamaji and Rajat. Another thing he dislikes now, is eating without Khushi. He checked his phone again and again but didn't get her call. After breakfast they all got talking and in between Khushi, Nani and Mamiji returned back home.

Arnav was angry that why didn't Khushi called him and wanted to ask her the same but the presence of everyone around stopped him. He asked Khushi to bring coffee for him to their room and he went upstairs with an excuse to check on Arush, when in reality he wanted to spend time with Khushi.

He got irritated when instead of Khushi, HariPrakash brought his coffee, informing that Khushi is busy with Diwali arrangements. He dismissed HariPrakash in anger and just then Arush woke up. Arnav picked him up and soothe him but baby wanted his mama only.

Arnav went down again, happy ... getting an excuse to take Khushi with him upstairs. But Khushi just picked Arush in her arms and went to Nani's room. Arnav pressed his lips irritatingly and went from there in anger not having an excuse to ask Khushi to come upstairs in front of Nani. To distract himself he got immersed in his office work and didn't realized that time has passed and was shocked when HariPrakash came to ask him to come down for lunch. He went down and was again irritated on getting informed that Khushi had went out with Mamiji to invite the neighbours for evening Diwali celebration.

Every year, one house of their society held the Diwali party and everyone comes there to celebrate for 2-3 hours. And this year Nani insisted to hold the party in their house, in happiness of her grandson's Arnav marriage.

He didn't want to eat as his mood was off now, but had to, when Nani scolded him and remind him that he cannot skip meals. So he reluctantly sit down and had lunch.

He strictly ordered HariPrakash to inform him the minute Khushi come back home or else he will lose his job. Poor Hari Praskash had to work near the front door nearly for an hour till Khushi returned home and he rushed upstairs to inform his Arnav Bhaiya.

Arnav was determined now to take Khushi with him upstairs, no matter what. He saw Khushi in the living room at one side, holding the bucket of flowers and instructing Jai Prakash in what pattern the flowers should be hung. Jai Prakash looked over Khushi's shoulder when Arnav was just few feets away. Arnav gesture with his head to go away and Jai Prakash quickly went from there without saying anything.

"Arey ... Jai Prakash ji ... ", Khushi took two steps to went after him, not realizing that Arnav was right behind her. So she got startled when Arnav grabs her arm and pull her back to him, making her turn with a jerk and the flower bucket go up in air ... and the flowers fell on them and on floor.

"Ohh", Khushi gasped as she landed on Arnav's chest. For a second or two she was lost and then when she felt the flowers falling on her she irritatingly said,"Look what you did Arnavji ...", and tried to push him but Arnav wound his arm around her, not allowing her to move away.