Chapter 26

AN: HEY GUYS!!! So, it's come to my realization that this book is so close to 10k reads and I can't thank you guys enough. Like, I started this story and I was never expecting it to make it past 1k, so this means so much! I hope you guys are liking the story, and if you are, comment and vote. It means a lot, and I like to know how you're feeling about the story.

Bethany's POV

We stood there, in the middle of the lobby, recieving worried looks from the few people passing by. The setting for this little show down didn't seem right. Of course, it was December 8th, so all the Christmas decorations were surrounding us. It was a cheerful place, with lights and ornaments all around. Yet, here I was, watching a fight about to happen. How could something so negative happen in such a happy and bright setting.

They were obviously earning attention, which was something we didn't need. The media doesn't need a view of Harry Styles fighting someone. That will just make him look bad, and cause a lot of trouble for him in the long run. People were already standing and watching. They tried to be discrete with their cameras, but even I could see their phones sticking out of their jackets and out of the top of their bags.

Although the crowd was small, it only takes one person's ability to show the world what is happening in our personal lives. That was something I opted to avoid, but with these two men, I didn't think that was possible.

"Harry, Chace, stop." I stood between the two, grabbing each of their shoulders. Harry tensed, though I couldn't tell if it was because I put my hand on him or if it was because I put my hand on Chace. I removed it from Chace, hoping that would calm him down, though it didn't seem to change his posture at all.

"You need to leave." Harry says through clenched teeth. Chace cocks his head to the side, a mischevious smile making it's way onto his lips.

"Why should I? I came here to talk to her... but you shouldn't mind. I mean, unless you're scared she'll leave you for me."

Oh Lord, have mercy on my damn soul.

I watch as Harry clenches and unclenches his fists. He looks around, staring at the small group of people that have began to watch their little show down. When he spots a camera, you can see him exhale deeply. His eyes close as he tries to calm his breathing. It was scary watching him try to calm down. There was so much tension in his shoulders, he looked like something was physically stabbing him in the spine, making his shoulders tense up.

"You can try to threaten me all you want, but I have what you don't. And that's her. That's all that matters. Now leave. I don't want you here, and you can be sure as hell that she doesn't either." Harry's words are calm, almost too calm.

He grabbed my hand, pulling on it lightly. He wanted me to move, to go with him, but my feet were planted in the ground. I could feel his hand squeeze mine, desperately trying to get my attention, but I wouldn't budge. I had something to say, and I think Chace needed to hear it more than me. When Harry had finally stopped pulling me, he watched me, never letting go of his tight grip on my hand.

"I don't want you bothering me anymore Chace. I want you to leave me alone. You and I both know it's for the better. You wouldn't have cheated on me if you weren't bored of me. I would have cared more to notice. We were done a long time ago and although we kept trying to push through it, we need to move on. Please, for both our sakes, move on. I have Harry, so go out. Find another girl. But please, stay out of my personal life. We are business partners, and that is it." I stared at him, waiting for him to respond.

"You went to a new guy a week after our 2 year relationship ended! You're a sleaze if nothing else. You'll be like all the whor-" he was cut off mid-sentence by the sound of a crunching noise. The source: his nose.