Chapter 17 Arlo's Betrayal!

Zane and Zari were looking for John in the hallways.

"Where is he?" Zari asks.

"Don't know. He should've been at the infirmary or something. Maybe we missed him and didn't realize it." Zane responds.

"Oh great. If he's somewhere all beaten up, I'm gonna break those who hurt our new recruit." Zari asks as she cracks her knuckles.

Zane and Zari look out the window to see John and Arlo walking away.

"So that's why we didn't see him. Arlo." Zane says.

"You gonna follow them?" Zari asks.

"We both should since-" gets cuts off.

"HEY!" a male shouts.

They look to see Zeke and his goons.

"Arlo told me that I should keep you two here for a while. He got some business that you can't interfere with." Zeke says with a smile.

"And you are?" Zane asks.

"I'm Zeke. You will call me King and bow down to me." Zeke says.

"Really? Arlo is King but you want me to call you King? That's funny. Anyways, we don't got time to deal with you punks. Move!" Zane says.

"Why you! Get them!" Zeke says.

"Sis, you got follow them. I got this." Zane says.

Zari nods and runs away.

"Hey! Get back here!" Zeke shouts.

Zane avoids Zeke and punches one of his goons. Then he goes after the other one and slams him to the locker. He proceeds to throw him to the other goon.

"Easy as pie." Zane says.

"Hmph! Let's see how you deal with me." as Zeke charges at him.

Zane avoids Zeke punch and pushes him away.

"Really? That's the best you got? I'm disappointed." Zane says.

"Shut up! You are nothing but a weakling!" Zeke says as he charges at Zane.

Zane smiles and his eyes glow. Zane punches Zeke in the face. Zeke shifts into defense form. Zane throws another punch, getting past through Zeke defense form.

"H-How?!" Zeke says in surprise.

"Simple. You're nothing but a weakling." Zane says.

Zane grabs Zeke by the shirt.

"S-Stop! You won. I'm sorry." Zeke begs.

"Yeah.. no." Zane says.

Zane punches Zeke three times before throwing him out the window. Zane eyes stop glowing and walks away. As he turns the corner, a group of mid-tiers stand in his away.

"Oh for the love of- What now?" Zane asks.

"We're here to give you a lesson for last time." Tanner says.

"Oh really? Then it will end in your downfall." Zane says as his eyes glow.

He charges at the mid-tiers.

Zari gets on the same train as Arlo and John but avoids looking at them. After some time, they reach the turf wars field. Arlo and John head to the field. Zari trails the from a few feet away. She stops and let's them get further. As she looks to see Arlo talking to two people, she takes this chance and reveal her crystal wings. She flies up and avoids anyone seeing her. He looks at Meili and Ventus hold down John while Arlo was talking to him. She couldn't hear what he was saying but must've know it was about his ability.