o n e

o n e | start of time

You're my painkiller
When my brain gets bitter
You keep me close

~ 'painkiller' by ruel

"So, I've been thinking...", Louis trailed off uncertainly, as Harry's lips parted from his and trailed down his neck.

Louis was sitting on the couch in the common room, watching some game when Harry returned from the library. There was no one else in the room and Harry had dropped his bag on the couch before climbing onto Louis' lap and pulling him into a snog.

"Louis, you do know you don't have to do things you're not good at, right?" Harry asked seriously.

"What, of course! Wait- You asshole!" Louis exclaimed in disbelief.

"Sorry," Harry laughed. "Tell me, what?"

"Remember I told you I wanted to do all that thing, you know, holding hands and being a gross couple?" Louis chuckled nervously as Harry nodded, confused but curious. "So, I thought maybe... um, we should put a pause on sex. Like, just do the dating, hanging out together. So that we can get to know each other?"

"Is that what you want?"

"I think it's good to keep our physical fantasies aside and understand each other first. Like, starting from the first date and continue for a while with no sex," Louis exhaled shakily. "I'm very much into you, Harry," he smiled. "That's the problem. I'm so into you. I'm in way over my head. And I don't even know you! And yeah, if we are really doing this, I want to do us right."

Harry stared at Louis, his lips bright red from kissing, his eyes flickering between Louis'. And he just nodded, swallowing as he blinked his eyes a few times as if he was trying to compose himself.

"Okay," he said eventually, his voice rough. "Yeah, we can do that."

"Yeah?" Louis asked, relief surging up in his chest.

He was so worried that Harry might not like the idea, since sex was the thing that brought them together. That gave Louis a chance to grab his attention. And to be honest, if it wasn't for sex, Louis was almost sure that Harry would be disgusted by him and changed rooms already.

"Yeah," Harry replied, a grin breaking onto his lips. "I- I really want that."

"I'm glad we are on the same page."

Harry smiled, then his eyes narrowed down on Louis' mouth, his face turning serious again as he leaned in, "Can I just...?"

And he didn't wait for an answer before he pressed his lips down on Louis'. No tongue, no urgency, no presage for sex, no roughness. Just a simple feel of lips against lips, and when he pulled away, Louis chased the taste, running his tongue over his bottom lip.

"I needed that," Harry smiled softly. "So, I'm taking you out for lunch this Saturday, then?"

"Yes!" Louis nodded with a grin.

They stared at each for a while, before Harry inelegantly slipped off Louis' lap to get to their room. Louis followed his suit, pressing down on his erection before he got up and Harry smirked at him.

"I told you," Louis shrugged. "It's not like I don't want you -the sex, because Lord knows I do."

Harry nodded, like he finally understood, "You want more."

"Yeah", Louis answered, because he truly did. He wanted it all.

"I do, too", Harry said, and it sounded better than any three words Louis had ever heard.