chapter 21

Around 10 pm, Miraan went to her room.she was sitting on the sofa, with her head fallen back and eyes closed.

Miraan moved closer to her as she lifted her head, her eyes were completely red, he could tell that she had been crying. Miraan sat on the same sofa keeping some distance between them. 

"why hadn't he come for me before?" she asked, miraan could hear the vulnerability and doubts in them. Maybe, he didnt care about her, maybe he didn't love her after he mother died, she thought to herself.

" Chashman , dont doubt him like this! he loves you more than you can even imagine. He didnt come earlier, because your mother had asked him to let you live a free life till you can really make this decision. That's the reason, he never contacted you before your 18th birthday. Even now , you have the choice, if you choose to live in Lahore, if you dont want to be a part of this family, no one will force you" miraan said looking at her. 

" do I really have a choice ? you are forgetting that you have forced me to lengthen the visit here " chashman said looking in his eyes, but the hatred she used to have in her voice for him wasn't there at that moment.

" I did it, because you were blinded by your hatred, you weren't ready to give us a chance.....Dada saeen, uncle ... everyone else in this house adores you, don't we deserve to get some of your time?" Miraan asked. 

" but.... my life is in lahore " Chashman said nearly panicked, she wasnt ready for this drastic change, all these truths were making her panick. 

" No one is going to force you to shift here, just let the family bond with you... " miraan said tapping her hand. 

"you havent kept your words last time, how can i believe you ?" she asked pinching her lips. 

A small smile came on his lips" i have! i just haven't bothered to make sure that nothing else stopped you. This time I am saying that it would be my responsibility to make sure that nothing comes in your way " he said and chashman looked in his dark eyes. She wasnt sure if the lighter flecks she had seen just a short time ago were her imagination or real.

" now get up , lets get you something to eat" miraan said standing up. 

chashman also got up,Miraan held her hand and took her downstairs, her heart had skipped a beat feeling the heat of his hand. 

Everyone had already retired to their rooms for the night, miraan heated the food after making her sit on the table. 

Chashman's mind was still on the situation. After placing the food in front of her, he flicked her nose lightly" focus here " he said pointing at the food .

" how... how will I settle in ?" chashman asked , that was her biggest worry after accepting the truth. 

" just go with the flow, as knowing my family, you wont need to make much initiative, just talk to uncle , when you think you are ready." miraan said. 

" everyone knows that you have told me the truth ?" chashman asked. 

" no, and i wont, open up when you are ready. and now eat , before the food gets cold. " miraan said taking a seat beside her. 

He kept sitting there as she ate, once she was done, they both headed towards their own rooms.

Miraan's mother got out of the room to get some water. She went deep into her thoughts, when she saw miraan and chashman coming out of the kitchen together. On miraan's father's voice, she shook her head and went to get the water.

---------------------------
Mujhy bewafai wahan mili jahan mujhy zindgi ki talaash thi ......

Mujhy saans lene se pehle maara gya he........

_________________
Salaam readers!heres the update.