75 - The Eight Potters

Everything had changed, as you knew it would. A funeral was held for Dumbledore and so was a ceremony at Hogwarts. You weren't the closest to Dumbledore but you'd had many good memories with the man. After all, if it wasn't for Dumbledore you would have never have met Oliver or joined the Quidditch team. Now, no one was safe especially Harry which leads to the current day where you were grabbing a few last things from your chambers at Hogwarts to take to the Weasley's house for the remainder of the summer and tonight was also the night that Harry was to be moved to The Burrow for protection. 

"You know I'm rather upset at Albus's passing." McGonagall was helping you gather a few last things. 

"Well, Mum I'd be rather surprised if you weren't." You replied. You would always call McGonagall Mum even though you'd been officially adopted by Sirius but as he was no longer here she was still the closest thing you had to a parent. "The two of you were good friends and not to mention you and Snape."

McGonagall looked down with a sad expression on her face at the mention of Snape before she spoke again. "Yes well ... I will always have the memories of the two but I also needed something off Dumbledore before he passed." 

"Oh?" You raised your brows as you packed away some books you had. "What was it?" 

"He owed me several galleons." 

"Galleons?" You questioned. 

"Hmm, he owed me." She nodded. "Rather a lot actually."

"For what?" 

"A bet." 

"A bet?" You questioned, giving her a look. 

"Yes, I said you and Fred would be together before the end of this year and Dumbledore disagreed, he thought early next year and well I was right, wasn't I dear?" 

"I'm sorry, you and Dumbledore placed a bet on mine and Fred's relationship?" You straightened up and gave her a disapproving look. 

"Severus bet the year after so -" 

"Oh brilliant, so the whole of Hogwarts were placing bets on me and Fred?" 

"Only the three of us." 

"Brilliant." You muttered, closing the bag you were currently packing. "Well, I'm all set."

"Be safe (y/n)," McGonagall spoke in a warning tone. "It'll be dangerous, very dangerous." 

"I'll be fine." You gave her a weak smile. "I always am, surprisingly I haven't died just yet." 

"I don't wish you ever will, I hope both you and Mr Weasley will spend the rest of your lives with one another -" 

"You think Fred and I will get married?" 

"I strongly believe it." At her words, you looked down with a slight hint of embarrassment but looked up and gave her a bigger smile. 

"I hope so too." You slung your bag over your shoulder and was about to say your goodbyes to the woman when you had another thought. "You didn't bet on if Fred and I were to get married did you?" 

"Only Severus and I did -" 

"You cannot be serious!" 

"Severus thought a cold wedding but I said a warm one -" 

"Brilliant ... I don't think I even want to know how much the two of you decided to bet." 

"No, it was rather a lot." McGonagall now made her way over to you and held her arms out for a hug. "Please be safe (y/n), I don't know what I'd do with myself if I got an owl telling me you'd been hurt or even killed."