Chapter 6

I'm standing next to daryl by the fire pit swinging my bat "You know when we get to dad he's gonna be mad." Daryl nods "Yea" I stop swinging my bat when I seen rick walk back to camp with shane on his tale. "Could you throw me a bone here man like, could you just tell me why, why would you risk your life for a douchebag like merle dixon." Daryl points a bolt at him "Hey choose your words more carefully" he threatens, shane looks over at us "Oh no I did douchebags what I meant psh merle dixon, man wouldn't give you a glass of water if you were dying of thirst." I steped forward wanting to get in between this conversation but Daryl's arm wrapping around my shoulders stop me, I look down at his arm and up at him. "Don't" he grunts, I nod my head and back up tuning back in on the conversation.

"-Me thirst and exposer, we left him like an animal caught in a trap, that's no way for anything to die let alone a human being." Rick walks off towards us "So you, daryl and malice that's your big plan" I look over at the voice and roll my eyes. Of course she cuts in she's the one that's told him to show us. Rick turns around to face glenn silently asking if he'll go "Aww come on" glenn looks less than impressed by the fact that rick is asking him. "You know the way, you've been there before, in out no problem you said so yourself." Glenn takes his hat of to fix his hair "It's not fair of me to ask I know that, but I'd feel a lot better with you along I know she would to." Rick points to his wife, I walk up to glenn and hug him.

"That's just great now your gonna risk four men huh." Shane pipes in, I raise my hand "Umm I'm a female" I add. Shane looks over at me his jaw ticking "Five" we all look over at T-dog I let go of glenn and clap my hands "Congratulations we've made a band."I huff Daryl mumbles something while cleaning his arrows.
"You see anybody else stepping up to save your brothers cracker ass" I gasp in fake hurt and put my hand on my chest. "Hey I happen to be from that cracker." I get a couple of stares daryl just barely cracking a smile."Why you" I go sit next to him and start cleaning my bat "You wouldn't even begin to understand, you don't speak my language."

"That's five" dale observes 'Yaaay he can count' "Not just five, your putting every single one of us at risk, just know that rick, come on you saw that walker it was here it was in camp, there moving out of the cities they come back we need every able body we got here, we need em to protect camp." Shane argues, I think he's just mad he can't screw Lori any more.
"Seems to me like you need the most here are more guns." I perk up at what rick said "Right guns." I stand up and walk to glenn again "Wait what guns" I ask putting my arm around glenn "Yea what guns." Shane repeats scowling at glenns arm around my shoulders, "Six shot guns, two high-powered rifles over a dozen handguns, I cleaned out the cage back at the station before I left, I dropped the bag in atlanta when I got swarmed it's just sittin there on the street waitin to be picked up" rick explains shanes eyes trailing back over to rick.

"Ammo" I giggle at how stupid that question was "Of course there's ammo"I scoff. His eye twitches and his jaw ticks "Seven hundred rounds, assorted" rick continues 'Sounds fun' "You went through hell to find us, you just got here you-yo-your just gonna turn around and leave" lori stammers. I roll my eyes "Dad I-I don't want you to go" carl objects and I smile sadly "I'll take care of him carl okay, I'll make sure he gets back to you" I yell a smile forming on his small face. "To hell with the guns shane is right, merle dixon, he's not worth one of your lives even with guns thrown in."
I take a quick intake of air and put my hand on my knife wishing I could throw it at her. Lori stands up rick walking up to her "Tell me, make me understand" "I owe a debt to a man I met an-and his little boy, Lori if they hadn't taken me in I'd a died, it's because of them that I made it back to you at all. They said they'd follow me to Atlanta they'll walk into the same trap I did if I don't warn em." Lori looks down "What's stopping you" she asks.

"The walky talkie the one in the bag I dropped, he's got the other one our plan was to connect when they got closer." I take my arm away from glenn and walk closer stopping a few feet by shane sitting on the car "Is it our walkies." He asks and look over him "Yea" rick confirms "So use the cb what wrong with that." I pipe in already knowing the answer "The cbs fine it's the walkies there really old and they don't match up to any frequencys even in their cop cars" shane looks over at me "What I know things" I put my attention back on rick and lori "I need that bag."Lori looks defeated and rick moves past her to crouch in front of carl "Okay" carl nods. Glenn gets in the truck and backs it up as rick and T-dog go to dale "Rumor is you have bolt cutters." I walk off to get in the back of the truck with a pacing daryl. I stop daryl with a hand on his shoulder "Do you think he'll be mad at me" daryl looks confused "For what" I look down "For not being like him" daryl grabs my face "No he couldn't be mad at you he's actually proud you didn't turn out like him" I smile the best I can with a squished face "Really" I ask daryl smiles "Yea."

I hug daryl and actually let myself cry "I love you daryl" daryl put his arms around me and puts his head in-between my shoulder and head "I love you to." He whispers, I pull away with a teary eyed smile and walk over to glenn sniffling and wiping my wet face. "What's wrong" glenn asks his brows drawn together "Oh you know my dad is chained to a roof and people are talking about him like I'm not here." I explain waving it off he nods "I'm sorry, you want a hug" I nod my head bending over and giving him a hug daryl interupts the moment by using his foot to honk the horn "He bellows" glenn puts his hands up. "Really." I laugh turning around and sitting down waiting for us to leave, I lay my head on the warm metal humming a random tune. I stop humming to listen in on rick and Shane's conversation. "You and that bag like the bottom of an old lady's purse" I smile 'He's hot and funny.'

"I hate that your doing this man, I think that it's, foolish and reckless but if your gonna go your taking bullets." I hear ruffling and clinking "Not sure if I'd wanna fire a shot in the city not after what happened last time." I didn't hear anything for a second "That's up to you" shane adds. Everything went silent for a couple of moments "Five men five rounds, what are the odds huh, let's just hope that uh lets just hope that five is your lucky number ok." "Thank you" I hear movement then the front door opens. I open my eyes to look at rick putting the bullets In his revolver. Daryl walk to the door and shut it then sits next to me, I put my head on his shoulder thinking about the letter I got from my mother.