Chapter 13: Imprisoned

The air had gone bitter from autumns cold grasp as the sun disappeared into the night. The weather had turned just as sour; thick storm clouds beginning to roll in and loom over everyone below them with an ominous presence. 

The air was enough to freeze the sweat that adorned Johns brow as he was half led, half dragged into the building that towered above him.

The teen was half unconscious, the world swaying each time he opened his eyes. He wanted to keep his eyes shut, but the logical side of his mind kept forcing them back open, trying to catch a glimpse at anything that could be of value.

Unfortunately for him, all he could make out was grey. 

The concrete below them was grey, the giant brick walls that surrounded them were grey, even the sky which had been almost clear the whole week had been tinged with the shade. 

The only reason he could see anything to begin with was due to the overly bright lamps that adorned the sides of the main gate, or, what John could only assume was a gate.

John blanked out again as he felt the people pulling him stop. When he opened his eyes again, he vaguely realized they were in a hallway of sorts. The florescent lights above them caused his eyes to sting but he forced himself to remain alert as he watched them draw closer to the end of the hallway. 

He only vaguely realized he had zoned out again when he felt himself get shoved forward, his leg flaring up in pain. He hit the floor with a weak groan as he heard the door clamp shut behind him, plunging him into the dark.

All the ravenette could do was just lay there, his mind and body too sluggish to react. He was getting annoyed by the dull ringing in his ears but it was starting to fade into muffled noises. He couldn't see where he was and he didn't really know how he got there.

Where was he again? 

He couldn't remember. Everything was too foggy for him. 

He thought about falling asleep for a few minutes as he lay there on the floor. 

He felt so tired. His limbs felt like lead and his head hurt for some unfathomable reason. 

He really wanted sleep...

Maybe if he just let his eyes close for a little bit...

'It's not safe...' 

His eyes cracked back open as the thought echoed throughout his head.

'You're in danger.' 

John groaned as his body began to move, the thoughts forcing him to obey.