The Living Mummies of Toth-Ra

They were well on their way to Egypt, ready to enter one of the pyramids. Webby approached Charlotte with something behind her back. "Hey, Charlotte. I wanted to give you a gift for this adventure." From behind her back, she pulled out a hat that looked very much like the one she was wearing, but instead of a pink bow, it was an orange bow. Charlotte held the hat in her hands as she inspected it. A gift? For me? She looked at Webby and gave her a small smile of gratitude as she put the hat on. "Yay! Now we can be matching!" Webby exclaimed excitedly.

When they crashed landed in Egypt, they made their way to a temple, only to be stuck in quicksand. They were completely submerged when Scrooge broke through inside a temple. Scrooge helped Launchpad out, followed by everyone else. Louie was coughing out some sand. "And that's why you don't scream while sinking in quicksand." Webby said. "Webby, please don't tell me how to die!" Louie said. "Don't worry. I've read all about the ancient pyramids. I'll show you the ins and outs." Louie coughed out a bug. "Would love to focus on the out." Louie said.

Scrooge lit up a torch and dusted away a hieroglyph on the wall. "Hahah! I was right! The tomb of Toth-Ra, bringer of the sun. I've been searching for decades and-." Scrooge stopped upon hearing Launchpad eating a burrito. "Launchpad!" Launchpad stopped eating. "Did you want a bite?" Launchpad asked. Scrooge snatched the burrito out of his hands. "This is the last of lost pyramids. Show some respect." Scrooge said, walking off. Launchpad only took out another burrito from his jacket and continued eating. "Sorry, Mr. McD."

"Oh man! What if there's a whole army of mummies down here!?" Dewey asked excitedly. "Unlikely. Mummification was an expensive process meant for royalty. It be rare for more than one... mummy..." He stopped when he saw Dewey frown. "Toth-Ra was pretty rich. I bet there's at least six." Huey said, trying to cheer his brother up. "Rich? What are we talking? Jewels, antiquities, what?" Louie asked. "Pharaohs from this period were typically entombed with treasure, servants, jars full of vital organs." Louie ran past them. "Ignoring the bad parts. See you in the treasure room!" Before he could make it any further, Scrooge stopped him. "Careful!" Scrooge said in front of a door. Everyone approached as Scrooge cautiously opened a stoned door with his cane, only to be surprised to find the passage blocked off. "That was pretty anticlimactic." Dewey said. That must be because it's a-!

A trap door was triggered, sending everyone tumbling and sliding down a chute. As they kept sliding down, the wind knocked Charlotte's hat off her head. They were then split up, Charlotte, Webby, and Louie going down one chute while the rest went down the other, as well as Charlotte's hat.

Scrooge, Huey, Dewey, and Launchpad were shot out and landed on the ground. They groaned in pain and gasped when they saw a bunch of mummies surrounding them. "Mummies!" Dewey exclaimed excitedly. Everyone got up quickly, getting into a fighting stance. "Behind me! They could be dangerous. Speak, you ancient miscreants!" Scrooge demanded. One mummy slowly approached them threateningly, but once in the light, she looked completely harmless. "Hey. What's up?" She greeted.

Everyone looked at all the mummies to see that they all looked harmless. "Hey. If those are mummies, then I'd hate to see daddies. Am I right?" Launchpad said. Scrooge quickly shushed him. "Greetings, minions of Toth-Ra. We are Scrooge McDuck and family." Scrooge greeted. "Hey. If you guys are mummies, then I'd hate to see-." Scrooge quickly shushed him up again before he could finish. "And associates from the outside." Everyone gasped upon hearing the word outside. "We mean you no harm." Scrooge said. Huey pulled out a small, treasure map. "If you could just show us where your sacred treasure room is." Scrooge quickly stopped him before any of them could get mad. "You'll forgive the lad. We're just used to the mummies in pyramids being, well, dead."

Everyone looked at each other before bursting out in laughter. Scrooge and the others awkwardly laughed with them. "We are not mummies. We merely dress in this manner to honor our powerful and fashion forward leader. I am Amunet. Leader of the descendants of the servants of Pharaoh Toth-Ra." Amunet introduced herself. "For thousands of years, our families have served the Pharaoh and our society has thrived." The family looked around to see them pulling dead crops from their farms, cows eating dirt and rocks, and people selling sand, even illegally. "Thrived isn't the word I'd use." Huey said.