Chapter 9

》Y/N's POV

》Y/N's POV

I had my usual breakfast with the other guards and soldiers. I had been eating breakfast with them for the past week. Many seemed a little intimidated by me, but once I showed them I was harmless they talked to me and joined me. I guess many were worried of doing something that would end with me killing them. 

In a way it kinda made me feel better. I didn't have to make up a story every time. I could just keep quiet and listen to their conversations. 

After I ate, I made my way to Loki's room. There was a servant with a tray of food and I smiled. "Can I give this to Loki myself?" I asked her and she nodded, handing the tray over to me. Thanking her, she bowed and left to her other duties.

Just as I entered the room, Loki came out of the washroom. His hair was wet, droplets of water sliding down his pale skin. He had a silk robe on, his chest a little exposed. 

I was at lost for words.

"Good morning." He said as he looked down at the tray of food in my hand. "Is that for me?"

I looked down at the tray and then back at him and nodded quickly. "Thank you, you may put it there." He pointed at the table with the bowl of fruits, so I walked towards it and placed the tray down. 

I turned on my heel. "Would you like me to wait outside?"

"No, just sit over there, I'll get dressed and have breakfast." Loki disappeared behind a compartment and I did as he said, feeling a little relieved at not having to stand up with the heavy armor.

I waited for Loki to dress up and when he did he came out dressed in his usual black and green attire. He grabbed the tray and placed it on the table right next to me. 

He sat down and served himself tea and his food. I watched him eat silently. Loki's eyes drifted up to meet mine and I suddenly felt breathless. His green eyes were very captivating. Suddenly, I thought about when we first met-his yes were blue. The other day I saw my eyes turned blue, even if it was for a few seconds. That's weird.

"What are you looking at?" Asked Loki, and I quickly looked away. 

"I'm observing you, there's nothing wrong with that."

"Very well... Did you eat?"

I looked at him again and nodded softly, "I'm almost done, so you may grab a few fruits to eat later during our research. If I remember correctly 'you don't want to die of hunger'." He chuckled, "So I better feed you."

Narrowing my eyes at him, I mumbled, "Prick." And stood up, shuffling in my heavy armor. "You have three minutes. I'll wait outside." 

"Can't you give me at least ten minutes to finish my breakfast?" Loki called out to me, and I turned around before opening the door, rising a brow challengingly. "How about no?"