Home

{Chapter One}

Two Hours LaterMalibu, California

Two Hours Later
Malibu, California

Pepper Potts made her wat through the Malibu Mansion towards the stairs leading to her boss' workshop. She had been trying to get him to come up stair for the past ten minutes but the stubborn man had been ignoring her. With a huff, she opened the door and approached her boss.

"Mister Stark, you are needed elsewhere, hence why I have been telling you that for the past ten minutes."

"And I have been ignoring you for the past fifteen." The man replied not looking up at his assistant.

"I just got a call from NYPD. Tony, you're needed in New York." The woman sighed her voice full of concern finally catching her boss' attention.

New York-Presbyterian Hospital

Abby laid comfortably her cheek stained with tears she had cried after being told the news of her mother's death. It had been too late when her mother got to the hospital, she had been dead on arrival.

The young girl didn't even look up when she heard the door open and someone entered the room.

"Hi, Abby." A woman said from beside her. "I'm Doctor Turner, I'm a psychiatrist. I work with the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement, and Logistics Division. Have you heard of us before?"

"That's where my mom worked, before the cafe," Abby whispered, still not turning to look at the woman.

"Exactly. Now, I'm here to talk to you about where you're going now." Dr. Turner said finally making the girl look at her.

"I would like to go home now, please," Abby said in a small voice. Dr. Turner gave the girl a sad smile, realizing just how young she was.

"I know you would, sweetie, but I'm afraid that won't be happening."

"What is going to happen to me now, then?" Abby asked tears leaking out of the corner of her eyes.

"We've located you're father and he is coming to get you so you can stay with him." Abby looked at the woman for a second before turning away again. "You've got a while before you will be leaving, so why don't you try and get some sleep."

"I can't sleep. Hospitals have too many scared people in, I can hear their worries, I don't feel safe here. I can't sleep if I don't feel safe." Abby whispered.

"What do you mean you can hear their worries? Abby, are you having trouble with your... condition?" Dr. Turner asked obviously concerned.

"No, I'm okay. It's just when I'm in a place with lots of people things get through the wall. I'm okay."

Six Hours Later
78 Precinct, New York

Tony Stark and his assistant Pepper Potts entered the police precinct, not quite sure what they were doing there. They approached the front desk to ask why they were requested.