Chapter 19

Alexis' POV

                   "Are any of you staying for the holidays?" I groan.

      Alyssa looks back at Ron sitting at the Gryffindor table. "Molly invited me to the Burrow, sorry Lex."

       I rest my chin in the palm of my hand aggressively. Luna slides into the seat across from me.

                           "Alyssa, when did Ron say we're leaving?" She asks.

       Before Alyssa answers I see hands rest on Luna's shoulders. Immediately I know who it is and debate on looking up.

                       "We're actually leaving now." Harry informs the girls.

       I take a bite out of my toast slowly, trying not to grab anyone's attention. But of course, Harry's eyes are glued to me.

                        "What are you doing for break, Alexis?"

      I look up through the strands of hair in my face. Harry's eyes narrow when I don't answer.

         "She's keeping me company!" My head turns to see Paige smiling happily. Subtly, she winks in my direction.

       I let out a sigh of relief before glancing back at Harry. He shoots me a nasty glare while exiting the great hall with Luna.

                 The rest of the girls get up as well, giving hugs to Paige and I.

                   "Happy Christmas!" Anna shouts from the doorway.

      Once they have all left I slide closer to Paige. She pulls her hair behind her ear and smiles brightly.

            "Why are you staying at Hogwarts for the holidays?" I ask.

     She shrugs her shoulders. "I'm not sure. I do it every year, though."

       Paige doesn't really talk much about her family so I guess it makes sense.

                        "Plus, Hogwarts is a blast during Christmas time."

         I tilt my head confused. I never stayed at Beauxbatons for break, usually my father and I would see each other. But I can't imagine school being the place to be.

                  "Is Draco staying as well?" Paige breaks the silence.

      I nod. She takes a sip of her pumpkin juice and stares out at the snow falling out the window.

                  "Do you think he will mind if I steal you for a few hours?"

       I look around the great hall trying to see if he ever came to breakfast.

                           "I don't think he will mind, no." I smile.

       Paige's eyes light up with excitement. She downs her juice before getting up from the table. Her hand reaches out to me and she helps me up from the seat.

       The two of us walk out of the room and into the main hall. "So, what would you like to do?"

                      Paige thinks for a moment then her eyes get big.

                              "How about we go shopping?"