Chapter IX

"Has there been any interesting case?" I asked them as I was curious to know.

"There is a case we are looking into. They are a gang; they go after girls your age. So far, we have linked them to 20 missing girls from 5 months ago till now," Aus started,

"We have yet to find the members in the gang until you called us in" Jake smirked,

"Why?" I asked him, I have a feeling the creepy men are related to the case.

"From the statements, we collected from the missing victims' family is that the girls went to meet their friends for a group study or to hang out at the mall or a café,"

"From the CCTV, the men covered their face before they teased the girls. The girls will leave the place to escape from the men but they went home," Jake ended.

"You are saying they watched the girls from the moment they walked into the meeting place. They scared them to leave so that they can kidnap them without getting caught by cameras" I summarized what they said. They nodded

"But we are still not sure if it was them, as they did not cover their faces, even though their body built is similar to the suspects, plus they came in after one hour you guys were in there," Jake tried to assure me.

"No, we could have been the next victims. The one hour, Ben was there with us, eating lunch. He then left to meet with Jordan, they came in after that and started to watch us," I informed them, they suck in their breath.

"Elsa, will you help us with this case behind the scenes?" Chief asked me,

"Of course, they almost hurt my friends, I also want the girls to go back home to their family," I informed the chief. He nodded; this will not be the first case I helped out with. I am studying medical course because I am interested in it. But this makes me feel excited and jittery in a way I cannot explain.

"Here is the case file so that you can read through the case file when you are home. Come let's have dinner before we drop you home" Chief ushered us out. I went with Chief while the guys went in another car.

We went to eat Chinese and we spend the dinner teasing and joking with each other. They also told me about their trip overseas. They are travelling out once a year to see the countries that boys' mum could not see.

"We are here Princess," I woke up to see that the chief was carrying me, and I was curled up in his chest. I did not make a move to get down, instead, I closed my eyes and snuggled into him more making him chuckle softly. Seeing that I was comfortable in his arms, he asked the guys to press the doorbell. I heard someone open the door before I fell asleep.

Callen's POV

Its almost midnight, Elsa is yet to be home. The rest of us are watching a movie together, but it was a lie. We are actually waiting for Elsa to come home. We just needed an excuse so it will not make Elsa uncomfortable. We noticed she feels uncomfortable with the sudden questioning and talking to her casually.

There was the sound of two cars, and the sound of doors opening and shutting alerted us. We lowered the TV volume. We heard the doorbell, dad stood up and went to answer the door with me following right behind him. What was behind the door shocked me and made dad and me jealous.

Elsa was sleeping in a man's arms cuddling into his chest, the even more shocking part was that she was smiling. I saw another two people behind them. I recognized them as the two officers who helped the girls and brought my sister with them to hang out or something.