1.

Today was the same as every other day.

I walked into work greeting the lady at the counter. I see her and greet her every morning yet she still doesn't remember my name.

"Good morning uh" She says trying to remember my name.

"April" I simply said

She just nodded.

I walked into my small office. It was empty because I worked alone.

On my desk was a couple of folders with my work for the day. My job was to write, edit and send documents to the head of the business. This job was one of the most important jobs for the department yet not a single person has acknowledged my hard work. Even the head of the business, my employer and the person who pays me, doesn't know that I'm the person that sends him the documents. There were even days where he'd forget to pay me.

A heavy sigh left my mouth. It was lunchtime and I had finished editing my co-worker's documents. Once I sent the work to the head I grabbed my purse and left the office. I left the building and made my way to a nearby cafe.

"Good afternoon ma'am, what would you like today?" The barista asked.

You still had to get back to the office and finish some work but you also had time to eat so..

"Could I have a large armericano with ice and sweetener and a roasted chicken salad to go please." The lady nodded

"Can I have your name please"

"April"

Once she wrote my name on my order I turned and walked to a table while the guy behind went up and ordered.

I schrolled through the news feed on my phone.

My whole feed was filled with celebrities coming out about their marriage, partners or their soon to be born child.

I let out sigh. There was an aching feeling in my heart. If no one is ever gonna remember my name I might not ever get to call another person mine or hold my child that was I created with the person I love.

"April. Order for April. A large americano with ice and sweetener and a roasted chicken salad for April"

My mind was in such deep thought that I totally forgot about my food.

In panic I quickly stood up and rushed to the barista.

"Yes, yes that's me sorry."

I quickly grabbed the food and headed out of the cafe. I also happened to bump into someone in the process.

"Sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't mead to-"

"No it's ok" the person reassured. I noticed that he was the gentleman behind me while I was waiting in line.

"Are you sure, I didn't-"

"April please. I said I'm okay"

I stopped talking and paused for a moment.

"How do you know my name?" I asked confused of how he knew me.

"That's not your food you're holding?" He answered.

"Ohh" That makes sense. "Well I'm so sorry but I have to get back to work. Have a good afternoon."

Before the man could even say a word I had already rushed back towards my office building.

It was about 8:30 at night and I had finally finished writing my documents and edited them before sending to the head.

I cleaned my desk and threw away my rubbish.

I sat in my car on my phone looking for a cheap take away restaurants. As I was about to drive off to the restaurant I found, I realised something was missing.

"Where's my purse?"

I began to frantically look around my car. It wasn't there. I rushed back inside the building and into the my office only to find nothing.

I thought back to where I went today.

"The cafe"

I must've panicked so much about my order that I forgot to bring my purse with me.

My car is parked outside the now closed cafe.

"fuck"

I slouched on my car seat before driving home. I wasn't even hungry, I want my purse with my wallet and important paper work inside.

I laid in bed thinking of the consequences I would face if someone dangerous had my purse with all my information.

I could be stalked, have my house broken into, kidnapped or even murdered. And no one would even notice I was dead until the head doesn't receive any emails from my department. But that could be weeks later.

A heavy sigh left my mouth as all these possibilities start to form in my head. I shut my eyes trying to take my minds off these thoughts as I eventually drifted into my dreams.

The grass felt soft. The air felt pure well with a hint of smoke.

"Lady get off the ground! The king will be here soon"

My head jolted up to see a woman in her 40s. My eyes drifted around my surroundings. I could see people frantically running around with baskets of food and materials. Some buffalos and donkeys that are attached to wheelbarrows and people on horses. The houses were actually hut liked. Some were made of bamboo and log while others of stone. My eyes looked at the clothing of the frantic villagers. It was brown or greyish, some were wearing a nice traditional dress.

"King Jay is here!"

{31/10/20}

Happy Halloween ENGENE's :3
edited...