XXI: Not so heartless!

Athena

"Wanna go out?" Ruby asked peeking into my room.

I was sprawled on the bed, my limbs were aching due to roaming around the whole shopping district yesterday. "Nah! I want to rest!"

"Then let's watch Netflix!" I felt the bed dip beneath my leg.

I hummed in response, starring at the ceiling.

It's Sunday morning and my plan is to sleep or laze around whole day. The girls and I spend our whole time shopping yesterday. I had to buy many clothes because I only have a few and most of the others were borrowed from Ruby. I cried while spending my savings.

Dad! This is all your fault!

If he hadn't freeze my account I would have been studying my dream course and also spending money like a queen not that I would do that.

"Athi! It's ten go take a shower and come have breakfast!" she insisted, shaking my leg not so gently.

Right on cue my stomach grumbled in response. I sighed and sat up, facing Ruby who was wearing fresh clothes, her hair slightly damp. Ruby has always been a morning person, unlike me who's such a lazy ass.

My lazy Sunday was spent just like I planned.

Monday rolled in sooner much to my dismay. Nevertheless I shouldn't procrastinate, I'm doing this for myself. I stared at my reflection on the mirror, I was wearing a pleaded black-white pencil skirt, black full sleeved blouse, a brown pea coat and finally black pumps. My hair was left in loose curls and my face had nude lipstick and thin stroke of eyeliner.

"Another day of work" I sighed picking up my black tote bag and walked out my room. Ruby was taking bath, so I left the flat and locked the door with my spare key before making my way outside the building.

I stopped near the entrance when I noticed jean standing beside the same black sleek car. He was dressed in black suit with white shirt underneath, a black tie and finally black leather shoes. He reminded me of men in black but What is Jean doing here?

I walked over to him, giving a smile when his eyes landed on me. His lips pulled into a smile "Bonjour Athena!" he greeted.

"Bonjour Jean, Did you come to pick me up?" I got straight to the point.

he nodded "Yes, Mr.King asked me to pick you up"

"Again? That's surprising. Maybe he think's I'll be late again" I roll my eyes saying

Jean chuckled "I don't know what goes inside Mr. King's mind. Your reasoning might be true"

"Who knows now let's hurry up! " I climbed inside the car followed by him settling at the front.

After twenty five minuets we arrived at the building and I thanked Jean before making my way towards my cabin. I met Pierce on the way we exchanged few words and parted our ways as we didn't want to get our jobs being risked at getting fired.

Speaking of firing.

Holy Shitz!

I yelled at Mr.King the other night. Oh god he's going to kill me maybe that's reason why he sent jean so I would not escape.

Evil Mastermind!

Hope I don't see him! I prayed to the heavens and went to my cabin without being seen by the green eyed devil. I sighed in relief and sat on my chair. Oh I need to get him coffee.

I left the room and went to make his black coffee. After preparing it, i went to his cabin and knocked on the door and was greeted with silence. A crept up to my lips knowing he isn't inside.