• 20 •

Ewatomi walked into the class the next morning and met Fikayo arguing with some of their classmates over the previous day assigments.

"The answer is 4.56°" a guy said

"4.56 kor? It's 5.56° guy" another guy said.

"I got just 4° o" a girl said and Ewatomi watched as everyone started voicing their answers.

A beautiful girl walked into the class and some girls rushed towards her.

"Lillian, what did you get for the Physics assignment?" A girl asked and Lillian frowned as she sat down.

"I got 5.56°, but I don't think that's the answer" Lillian replied as she brought out her note and people crowded over it immediately.

Murmurs arose in the class and Ewatomi quickly brought out her note to check what she had gotten. Luke had worked it for her in her jotter so she had just dubbed it without putting her mind to it.

Her lips twitched when she saw that Luke had gotten 15.78°. Ewatomi wanted to laugh at herself.

Fikayo turned to Ewatomi holding her note "Ewa, what did you get?" She asked and when Ewatomi didn't reply she walked closer to her and she laughed.

"15.78°? Ewa how far nah?" Fikayo said aloud and everyone burst into laughter.

"15 keh?"

"Everyone is still even getting around 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8, this one is getting 15"

Everyone burst into laughter again and Ewatomi frowned at Fikayo.

"Shey you are happy now that everybody is laughing at me?" Ewatomi asked as she hissed and turned to her note.

Fikayo pursed her lips as she placed her hand on Ewatomi's shoulder.

"Mabinu, I didn't mean it that way. I didn't know my voice was that loud" Fikayo said and Ewatomi rolled her shoulders pushing Fikayo's hand away.

"Sorry nowwwww" Fikayo purred.

"Where's Kelvin?" Lillian asked.

"He went to show Snr Bolaji the question" someone replied and just then an handsome guy walked into the class.

Lillian walked up to him immediately "Kelvin, what did Snr Bolaji get?" She asked.

"15.78°" Kelvin replied and everyone turned to Ewatomi.

Even Ewatomi looked quite surprised. She got it?

Girl, I think you are underestimating Adele-Akinniyi Luke way too much.

"What is it?" Kelvin asked.

"Ewatomi actually got 15.78°" Lillian replied and Kelvin frowned a little as he approached her.

"Please let me see your note" Kelvin said and Ewatomi stretched it to him and everyone crowded over him immediately.

Kelvin looked at the workings surprised. Even Bolaji had got it mixed up at a point before he cancelled everything he had calculated before and started again.

It was then he had got the answer. But Ewatomi's note didn't show signs of any cancellation, it was as if she knew what she was doing. Her workings were straight forward and understandable.

Kelvin glanced at Ewatomi who had her eyes outside. She was one of the top ten best students in the class but her weakness was Maths and Physics which kept her at the top ten.

If she was good at both, dragging the 1st position with him wouldn't be a problem for her. She had problems even with the simplest Physics problems.

How was she able to solve such a complex one then?

"Who helped you to solve it?" Kelvin asked and Ewatomi turned to him.

"Someone" Ewatomi replied and Kelvin nodded before he walked towards his seat.

Fikayo looked at her excitedly "I even forgot to ask yesterday, who's teaching you?" Fikayo asked and Ewatomi eyed her.

"Who said I'm talking to you?" Ewatomi asked and Fikayo pouted.

"Sorry nah. What do you want me to do again? Awey who is it?" Fikayo asked as Ewatomi rubbed her forehead.

Sooner or later, Fikayo was going to know about it. And she wasn't going to like the fact that she kept it away from her. It wasn't a big deal to tell her.

"I'll tell you but you just first promise me you won't scream" Ewatomi said and Fikayo rolled her eyes.

"When it's not Snr Luke that is teaching you? Abeg who's teaching you?" Fikayo said as her eyes suddenly widened.

"Don't tell me it's Matthew" Fikayo said and Ewatomi hissed.

"Matthew kor, Mark ni" Ewatomi replied as she pursed her lips.

"Actually, it's Snr Luke" Ewatomi said and Fikayo folded her hands.

"No dey play this kind play abeg" Fikayo said and Ewatomi laughed.

"I'm serious nah, he's the one" Ewatomi replied as she searched her bag for her jotter.

She showed Fikayo everything Luke had written in her jotter and even the assignment he had given her.

Fikayo looked at Ewatomi dazed "Did he offer to teach you?" She asked and Ewatomi shook her head.

"I asked him to" Ewatomi said as Fikayo became surprised again.

"And he agreed?" Fikayo asked and Ewatomi raised her chin proudly and nodded.

"Mad oh" Fikayo muttered as she closed her note and placed it in her locker.

"So he taught you for like almost three hours yesterday?" Fikayo asked and Ewatomi nodded.

"These days, each time I hear about him, my views about him keep changing" Fikayo said with a small smile.

"He doesn't use blue pen" Ewatomi told Fikayo.

"Wow. He's unique anyways. He definitely isn't like everyone else" Fikayo said as she chuckled.

"I still can't get Snr Kunle's image out of my head. He was so cool yesterday" Fikayo cooed and Ewatomi laughed.

"Why?" She asked and Fikayo laughed.

"Like didn't you see the way he spoke yesterday? Here in Preston, not just among the students, among the staff and even in Preston as a whole, Luke is a rule" Fikayo said before letting out a loud shriek.

"Like hell, he's cool mehn. He's an excellent example of a true best friend. I mean, he was so so so so.....I don't know" Fikayo said and Ewatomi laughed.

"I've even finished watching that Master's Sun" Ewatomi replied.

"Ha, what nah happened?" Fikayo asked.

"The crazy girl came back oo" Ewatomi said with a smile.

"Awwn......Don't tell me, I'll watch it by myself" Fikayo said.

Ewatomi laughed and hissed "Who wants to tell you before?" She asked as she grabbed her jotter.

"Shey you will follow me, I want to go and submit my assignment to Snr Luke" Ewatomi said as she rose to her feet.

"Okay nah. Let's go" Fikayo said and they both walked out of the class and Fikayo said something that made Ewatomi laugh.

Ewatomi raised her head and froze. She didn't know why she suddenly got a bad feeling.

"Snr Shade"