Chapter 19

Wednesday, September 17th - 6:00 PM

Y/N walked downstairs, wearing a beautiful and elegant tea-length dress with a white bolero jacket covering her shoulders. As for the makeup, she liked it natural, without concealer or foundation, just some blush and pink lipstick. She wore pretty blue flats that matched her dress, she didn't like to wear heels, she had always been wondering how do girls walk in heels for over one hour without getting their foot fractured. For her, that was like a conspiracy. "Wow! My daughter is so pretty!" Y/N's dad complimented her, "So? Is your date coming? Is it that guy that I like? It better be him!" she sighed and shook her head,

"No, dad. He is not the guy that you like, who's name is Jimin, and he is not my date. He's a friend. His name is Jihoon and he is Jimin's twin." she suddenly realized she forgot her white purse that matched her jacket and rushed upstairs to get it.

- Meanwhile at Jihoon's house -

"Oh my God! My son is so handsome!" she squealed excitedly as she adjusted his necktie, "And he's going to his first date!" she sang happily while Jimin watched him in jealousy, but whenever he thought that it would be his turn for something as important as her uncle's wedding, he felt so superior. Jihoon's dad watched him proudly, waiting to hand him the keys of his oh-so-fresh car. It was repaired on Monday.

"Mom! It's not a date!" Jihoon denied, feeling shy, "I do like her, but I don't know about her..." he said innocently as Jimin couldn't help but feel annoyed and dumbfounded by his brother's hypocrisy. "We are going as friends!" his mom laughed,

"It's impossible she doesn't like you! You have everything and you are the best!" she exclaimed while buttoning up his jacket.

"It is possible! I'm fighting with someone else for her... there is another guy that you know that likes her." she looked at him confused, "You'll know who the guy is when one of us wins, but he's really close to you..." he hugged his mom before his dad handed him the keys of the car. "I'll come back at eight!" he said waving at them before exiting the house. He sent Y/N a message, saying that he'd be at her house in twelve minutes.

Jihoon arrived at Y/N's house and saw her waiting outside, rolling down his window, he called for her name, "Y/N! I'm here!" she quickly ran over to his car and set inside next to him. "Did your dad, uncle and aunt already leave?" he asked as he switched the engine of the car back on.

"Yeah, my aunt had to go one hour earlier than all of us, so she could practice a little more," she replied as she buckled up her belt. "But damn! This suit was made for you!" Y/N said as she looked at his grey suit, that somehow matched his hair really well.

"Haha, you look really pretty too! It's interesting how you decided to match your dress and shoes, and your purse with your jacket! Also, those earrings add a lot to the outfit!" she liked that fact that Jihoon noticed small details about the way that she dressed. She also liked how he didn't just say, 'pretty', he explained what exactly.

After a twenty-minute ride with lots of laughing and singing inside the car, they finally reached the theatre. They were a bit early, so they waited outside until when the security-guy let them in, they were the first people in. "Where's your dad and uncle?" Jihoon asked, the brightness in his voice spreading all over the empty theatre.

"They are probably still backstage, telling my aunt she's gonna do well!" they laughed and after ten minutes, the theatre started to fill up, including Y/N's dad and uncle. Jihoon and Y/N waved at them since they were sitting above them in the 'expensive' seats. Her dad and uncle couldn't really see them through; unless they stood up. After five more minutes, everyone had already taken a seat, the theatre filled with watchers. The emcee finally stood on stage, planning to introduce Y/N's aunt and her first song.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen!" he greeted the audience as he held a script in his left hand and a mic in his right. "I hope you enjoy tonight's performance by the famous violinist Alexandra, please welcome her on stage!" the audience clapped loudly, and Y/N felt so excited, that she had the need to hold Jihoon's hand. She didn't know it, but his heart skipped a beat as he intertwined his fingers with hers. "She'll now play for us her self-written song called, The Mid-Night Mist!" everyone cheered and she began playing. The song was sorrowful and it was as if she wrote it while she was longing for someone. Y/N and Jihoon enjoyed her first song so much, they were already her fans.

Alexandra grabbed the mic from the emcee and started speaking, "With the songs that I'll be playing tonight, I'll try to tell you the story of my life. This first song represented my longing for my soon-to-be husband, who's sitting in the crowd." she gestured towards Y/N's uncle and Y/N turned around to look at him, cheering excitedly. "My next song is called, On A Sunny Day I Met You, the song is about when I first met him."

Y/N and Jihoon listen to this rollercoaster of emotional songs, and really enjoyed it. It went from sorrowful to cheerful, from cheerful to dramatic and from dramatic to creepy. It was a very enjoyable performance. After it was over, Jihoon and Y/N went to congratulate Alexandra for her talent and success. As they approached her, they saw her hugging Y/N's dad tightly.

"Hello, Mr. An! My name is Park Jihoon, I'm Y/N's friend!" he smiled as he proudly shook her dad's hand before shaking his uncle's hand too, "Ma'am!" he exclaimed as he stuck out his hand for a handshake with her, "You have done so well tonight! It was stunning!"

They talked for a while about how the performance went and then they all went home. "Well, thank you for inviting me, Y/N! See you tomorrow at school! Mr. An, it was a pleasure to meet you!" he gave them a formal bow and elegantly walked to the parking lot where his car was. Y/N's heart was on fire after she realized that she held Jihoon's hand for the whole time, it felt really different from when she holds Jimin's hand.

To be continued...

Author-nim's note:

[Guys, please take note that I came up with the titles of the song and I don't know if they actually exist. Also, I'm not a violinist, so yeah...💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜 ]

-Jɪᴍɪɴᴀɴᴅʜɪsᴊᴀᴍs 💜