Chapter 8

Alana's POV:

He wants me to go to big school with him? What if I'm not good enough? Will he be unhappy with me? I just want to make him happy he is so nice. I've always liked reading and the pupsitters in my previous pack said I was really smart. I just don't know about big school math!

But Lijah said he would help me and he looks smart so I might be fine. And I've never heard of this Caleb person or his mate but Lijah won't let me live with horrible people, I trust him.

I'm not sure I understand the whole mate thing yet? But Lijah seems to understand it, I guess that's all that matters. Loud noises at the door brought me out of my thoughts.

Next thing I know five very loud, hyperactive boys came running into the livingroom where we sat. Lijah stood up and happily gave each boy a bro hug then he quickly waved at the adults at the door and turned back to me taking my hand back in his own and smiling at his friends.

"Guys this is Alana, my mate" he looked back at me with a million dollar smile "Baby girl this is my best friends, Zander, my future beta" a boy with black hair and grey eyes nodded at me. "And then there is the twins, Aiden and Aaron. They are the Gamma's children." Two identical looking boys with blond hair and blue eyes gave me big smiles and waved.

"This is Charlie, my cousin, but everyone calls him Chubbs" I looked towards 'Chubbs' who gave me a mocking salute, he was a bit overweight compared to the other boys, with brown hair and eyes. He was definitely the 'clown' of the group. "And lastly this is Sammy, he is one of the Omega's sons" a Omega is the lowest rank in the pack but it didn't seem to bother these boys, you could see they love their friend no matter what. He was smaller then the other boys with light brown hair and eyes, and he had this cute dimple when he smiled at me.

I shyly waved at them, they all seem really nice. They decided that we are all going to the nearby swimming hole for the evening since the weather is great outside. The twins said I can borrow their sister's swimwear. And Chubbs went to grab a picnic basket his mom packed for the trip while Zander got towels and blankets.

The walk to the hole wasn't that long and the boys kept making jokes and playing all the way there while Lijah and I walked hand in hand.

Once we got to the swimming hole I was amazed, it was so beautiful! There was a waterfall, and the water was cleaner than I thought it would be. Chubbs was the first in the water with a big splash followed by the twins and Sammy, while Zander just rolled his eyes.

It looked really fun so I started removing my clothes I had on over the swimwear to get in as well, when I heard a growl behind me. I turned around to see all the boys with their back turned to me and Lijah smiling innocently at me.

We all got in. We played and splashed each other with water for what felt like hours until Chubbs got hungry and I got cold. So we had a picnic with sandwiches and drinks and lots of sweets before we made our way back home before it gets dark out. Home. I already think of this place as home. My so called parents long forgotten.

When we got back home all the adults were outside laughing and having fun of their own. We went inside, put on some dry clothes and made ourselves comfortable in front of the tv.

Well that was until the argument started on what to watch. I wanted to watch Frozen while Chubbs and the twins wanted to watch Spiderman. Lijah chose Frozen as well to which the boys looked shocked because apparently he loved Spiderman. Sammy also said he would watch Frozen which left the final decision up to Zander.

Apparently Lijah wasn't allowed to use the 'future alpha' card on his friends to get them to do something he wants, so instead he promised Zander cake to choose Frozen. Leaving Chubbs and the twins very disgusted when he agreed.

Aunty Li brought us more snacks just after the movie started. And I'm sure Chubbs ate half of them all by himself. Lijah and I were cuddled up on one couch, Sammy and Aiden on the other and the rest of the boys was on a mattress on the ground.

At some parts in the movie I was laughing my butt off 'watch out for my butt'...'it's so cute, it's like a little baby unicorn'...'I can't feel my legs'... Olaf is the BEST!

I was getting really sleepy during the movie so with one last thought I drifted off to lala land...

'I love warm hugs'

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡