Chapter 9

Alana's POV:

Today is the day I meet Caleb and his mate and move into their house. And to say I am scared would be putting it lightly. What if they don't like me? What if I do something wrong? I'm a little terrified. From now on I am going to be Lijah's neighbor. Will we still see each other a lot?

I put on some clothes Aunty Li gave me and slowly made my way downstairs. The first time Lijah's parents heard me call them Alpha HayHay and Aunty Li, their eyes grew big and I thought I did something wrong, I couldn't move. Until they both let out a big 'aww' and pulled me into a hug. I've never gotten much hugs so this all was very new to me, but I love it!

Hugs are now my favorite.

When I got outside where they were all waiting for me to walk next door together Lijah pulled me to his side and started walking while whispering "I'm here for you, always" which made me relax. He will always be there for me.

I didn't even notice we were at the door when it suddenly opened. A tall, big, muscled guy stood there. He had shoulder length blond hair, and the top half is pulled into a bun. If it wasn't for the smile ons his face and Lijah holding me I would have ran away. The man held onto a short, small lady with long braided brown hair.

At least they look friendly.

The man bent down but he was still taller than me "Hey ladybug, my name is Caleb and this is my mate Sophia." I blushed and smiled at the same time and whispered "I love ladybugs"

He gave me a big smile and reached out to pick me up. Just as he touched me Lijah growled, we all turned to look at him while his momma hit him on the back of the head "What did I say about growling at people?"

Caleb just started laughing and continued to pick me up while Lijah mumbled 'sorry'. "Let's show you where your room would be, when Sophia heard you were coming to stay here she went out and bought you a few things"

He walked with me on his hip upstairs, put me down infront of a closed door and gestured for me to go in. As soon as I opened the door I gasped and tears filled my eyes, it was beautiful!

It had lots of pink and teddies and toys, I had my own desk with coloring books and pens and everything I will ever need and never had. I had my own book case filled with books and a nice reading couch. It was just perfect!

My whole life all I could remember being in my room was my bed which was a terrible brown colour, an old dresser and the books I hid under my bed. I've never even had a teddy.

My tears wouldn't stop flowing. And they were mistaken for sad tears, Lijah and his parents were arguing about me moving back to their house when someone bend down next to me.

"Oo sweetie, don't cry, everything you don't like we can change, I knew I should have gotten princesses, girls love princesses. Now I'm starting to see it, it's all wrong, we could change..." I cut her off surprising myself and her a bit by giving her a big hug and crying into her shoulder.

The whole room got quite and I whispered "It's perfect, so perfect. I love it so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you." She held me tight in her arms and I can feel she also started crying and whispered back "You're so very welcome."

Caleb's POV:

Everything about this sweet girl came as a shock to all of us. When Hayden told us about her and asked Sophia and I if we would let her come live with us, we didn't hesitate to say yes.

Sophia and I have been trying to have pups for years, but something always went wrong and it resulted in miscarriages. We've gone to the doctor and he's always said he can't see a problem. But everytime she miscarriages I can see and feel a piece of our happiness breaking away forever.

After Hayden came to talk to us Sophia was over the moon. She immediately insisted I take her shopping so we can buy the little girl everything she will need and more, she don't want to get anything wrong because Hayden said they were not very happy with the move because she is afraid to leave Eli, she wants to stay with him.

I think Sophia went a bit overboard with the room, we don't even know what the girl likes yet, but I couldn't say anything, she was so happy.

The morning before they arrived she was so nervous she dressed and re-dressed what felt like a million times. She made us get up at 4am, like they weren't going to come way past 7am. Still no complaining just saying. She got ready and like expected we were way to early for them so she settled with walking up and down and staring out the window like a creeper to see if she can see them coming.

When she finally saw them, I had to hold her tight in my arms to make sure she didn't get overexcited and scare the poor girl off. She looked so shy, but when I called her ladybug and she smiled my whole world turned upside down, she loves ladybugs. Oo man, she is going to have me wrapped around her small little pinkie.

So when I picked her up one thought crossed my mind 'maybe I should be the one being held back not my mate' I did not realize how much I want this little girl in our lives and how excited I was.

No! When she started crying when she saw her room, I thought my heart stopped right then and there. We just got her, we can't lose her now. Everything zoned out until I saw her hugging my mate. I could finally breath again.

Hayden and his family left us alone so we can get to know the little ladybug, after a lot of convincing to Eli that she will be fine.

We were all sitting in her room just talking while she were playing with her  bunny. There were a few more tears shed. But my new favourite sound in the word is definitely my ladybug and mate's joined laughter.

My new family.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡