05 | dis-moi

Lou and I went to the bathroom with Vivien and Adele. 

"So..." Adele dragged the 'o'. "You met Timothée I see." I looked at her through the mirrors reflection.

"Yes. I have met T, Adele." She dried her hands off and leant against the sink. 

"You called him T." I put my lipstick back in bag after pursing my lips. 

"Yeah I guess I did." I winked at her - just to wind her up.

"Cara, we're in Paris there's no point being coy with your girlfriends. So, dis-moi, what's going on with you two." 

She handed me a cigarette. 

"I don't know. I mean he's gorgeous isn't he." She nodded. "How do you know him?" I asked. She fluffed up her hair and smiled at me. 

"He's a family friend. His parents are friends with mine. We're not like brother and sister or anything, just close. He's a sweet boy." She looked hesitant to continue. 

"Dis-moi." 

I needed answers from somebody, we'd spent the rest of the night dancing around each other like two butterflies. 

Sometimes talking, intimately, sometimes catching the others eye, secretly.

"He's just been having a hard time recently, that's all. He is in a cruel business - whether you are a star or nothing to them they will always treat you like an object."

"Are we talking about Timothée?" Vivien called out.

"Of course, who else?" Adele answered. Vivien walked out and readjusted her top. "He is gorgeous and he is all over you Cara." 

She stated poofing up her hair and applying some shine to her cheekbones. 

"I mean god your kids would be cute as hell."

Lou came out and washed her hands in the basin that Adele was stood at. Adele turned and kissed her cheek quickly, thinking Vivien and I wouldn't notice. 

Vivien smiled at me and I pressed a finger to my lips. Adele and Via turned back to us clueless.

"You like him Cara." Lou said. I shrugged. Adele and Vivien shared a look. They turned to me.

"He is wonderful... but you should know that-" Vivien started

"We just want you to be happy." Adele interrupted. "But he doesn't live," she paused "a very normal life." Adele said slowly. "Not like us at least." 

They were hiding something. 

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

I hated people hiding things from me.

"There are eyes on him. He's under a lot of pressure." Vivien tried to skirt around the answer.

"Right you're making him sound like a spy. I'm tired and I'm ready to go." Lou interrupted throwing her hand towel down. 

"Yeah, okay, I'm ready." I said, Lou slipped her hand in mine and gave it a quick squeeze. 

"Have some fun Cara." She whispered in my ear. "I think he's sweet and he's been watching you all night." I blushed. "Yeah, you thought no one saw." She nudged my shoulder. "But I saw it all." 

"Let's get a taxi." I replied. Lou started laughing at my awful conversation change.

Waiting outside, the exhaustion took a hit and all I wanted was my bed. When I get tired I get cold. Léo slipped his jacket over me, it looked cool.

Vivien commented. "Timothée is looking at you." I rolled my eyes and shoved a middle finger her way. 

"Let him. I'm too tired to think about boys." That made Vivien and Lou to laugh.

"Alright alright, I'll stop." She held her hands up. "Let me get a photo of you two, we have to have something to remember this night by." Vivien took a quick snap. 

I saw Timothée. We made eye contact. 

"Good night." He mouthed. I gestured for him to come closer. We drifted apart from the group and walked to the side of the bar. He stood on the pavement and I leant on a parked scooter.

"His jacket suits you." I pulled it around me tighter. Timothée stepped forward. 

He pulled the collar up casually but let his fingers run slowly down the front of the zipper. 

"So does he." He said. I was confused. 

If he thought we were going to get together, why was he still flirting with me. He muttered something under his breath.

I caught his pinky with mine in a hook. He interlocked his hands with mine. 

His head dropped to the nape of my neck. I held his head tight with my hand at the back of his neck, finally being able to feel his hair. 

He let out a sigh. He bought his gaze to mine and brushed his thumb over my cheek. I smiled. 

The taxi pulled up. I kissed my finger and brushed it over his lips. 

He looked over at the group sheepishly like he'd been caught. 

I sent a kiss out to them all and hopped in the back with my head resting on Lou. 

I closed my eyes so that I could see his.