06 | pt. 2 adrenaline

He came in and sat on the sofa in a way that definitely confirmed he was comfortable, whereas I on the other hand was not. 

This was only my second time meeting Timothée and here we were, alone and hidden from observation. I got myself a glass of water to give myself a second with my own thoughts. 

"How've you been?" He called through the room. Even just his voice made me unsteady, I gripped onto the counter for support. 

"Fine." I tied my hair up and off of my neck, this heat, these thoughts, his presence and that feeling. That fucking feeling. Too much.

I tried to regroup. I walked into the living room to see him holding the Ace that Adele had placed on the table. He picked it up. 

"Sorry to intrude." He smirked. 

I leant against the table, if I sat he might stay longer and if he stayed longer ... 

I didn't know what might happen with him. He was completely unpredictable to me. 

I looked at him from above my glass.

"No you're not T." He looked up at me and smiled. 

"You're right Cara, I'm not." He leant on the table side by side with me. 

His elbow brushed against mine.

"Why are you here? Why did Adele leave?" I turned to face him, his face was tilted upwards slightly, he looked down at me. 

"I asked her."

"You could've asked me?" I mocked.

"I don't have your number." He paused and turned back to face the window as he spoke. "And I don't like all that social media shit. Way too meaningless."

I tried to busy my eyes with the art on Adele's walls. 

I tried to stop myself asking, but I couldn't. "Why did you want to see me then?"

"I like talking to you." He answered simply.

His answer didn't satisfy me. He was so hot and cold, not with his body language, but with his conversation he was like a light switch. 

"You could've talked with me and Adele." It looked like he was about to say something but stopped himself and instead he said.

"I wanted to talk to you alone." 

His voice softened but his face did not. God this guy was beyond closed off.

Our eyes find their way back to each other again, it seemed like they were finding a lot of comfort in the others. 

"Okay." I paused. "What do you want to talk about then?"

I moved my way over to the sofa. I was gonna crack this guy. 

This boy was not going to come into my life, obliterate all my thoughts and senses and leave me reeling without me having understood his mind to some extent. 

"Hmm ... an open invitation with you to start a conversation about anything I want to."

He smirked again. "I feel very powerful right now." He followed behind me.

I felt so vulnerable. "Don't let it get to your head." 

But I could never show him that was his effect on me.

"Why are you in Paris?"

"I told you - to study." 

The heat was consuming.