Chapter 78: Distance

After days of training, Tanjiro finally managed to break the gourd given to him. The girls were happy for him. All that's left is, for him to beat Kanao in training.

'I see it. I'm keeping up with her. Even if I can't do the total concentration: constant all day, I could use it.'
Tanjiro thought as he chase after Kanao.

Shortly, he managed to caught her by grabbing her wrist. Now, the next one is reflex training. Both Tanjiro and Kanao are having a close battle at each other.

'Don't lose focus! If you do it's all over!'
Tanjiro mentally exclaimed to himself.

And in just a short while, Tanjiro managed to lift up a cup. As he was about to pour it to her, he suddenly stopped.

'This medicinal tea smells awful. It'll be bad if I pour it to her.'
He thought as he put the cup on Kanao's head.

The three girls cheered with Tanjiro as Inosuke and Zenitsu stood at the door.

'We're left behind.'
They thought.

Seeing how Tanjiro improved, they wanted to improve too. Even when Tanjiro explained it to them, they still really can't understand and get it.

"Total Concentration: Constant is using your breathing 24/7. I'm sure you guys would be able to learn it since it's a training for beginners." Shinobu explained suddenly appearing behind Tanjiro.

She then walked towards Inosuke.

"I'm sure it's only a child's play for you Inosuke-kun. But if you really can't master it then it can't be helped." Shinobu said patting his shoulder.

"Of course I can do it! I will master it! Don't look down on me woman or I'll rip your breasts off!" Inosuke exclaimed an irk mark showing on his boar mask.

"Do your best Zenitsu-kun! I'll cheer for you the most!" Shinobu said as she held Zenitsu's hand.

"Yes ma'am!" Zenitsu answered flushed red with the contact.

After that, they trained day after day in order to master it. As they train, Kanao watched them from the well while standing beside it. It made her remember the past, when Kano and Haruna were still alive. It is as if the image of the three boys were changed to the image of the three of them back then. She then walked away from the scene.

After days of training, Inosuke and Zenitsu managed to master it. They were very happy for themselves and so is Tanjiro for them. As they were sitting inside their room on their own beds, they were having a short chat.

"Wait, are you serious?! Kazu-kun did that?" Zenitsu asked.

Zenitsu kept on asking Tanjiro what's bothering him since the sound he's hearing from him is different. And Tanjiro's answer didn't go well.

"Yes. That's why the Pillars were very mad at him. Turns out he killed someone precious to them. That's what Shinobu-san said." Tanjiro answered.

"So you mean.... we can't trust him?" Inosuke asked.
"To be honest, I can't feel his presence. As if he's on a different level."

"I don't know too. But I've decided to keep my distance away from him for a while." Tanjiro answered looking down sadly.

Just as they stayed silent, the doors soon slide open and showed Kazumi smiling at them. She walked towards them. Instead of greeting her, Tanjiro only looked away before looking at her again.

"Is there something wrong Tanjiro-kun?" Kazumi asked.

"Kazu-kun.... have you ever.... killed someone?" Tanjiro asked gripping his sheets tightly.