Chapter Forty-Three: Halloween Special: Alex

The Saturday after the dinner found Alex back in her mates' bedroom as they prepared for the Halloween party. Alex was flopped down on the bed watching as her mates got dressed. Alex wearing a pair of jeans, an orange Camp Half-blood T-shirt, and her leather jacket, and called it good for her costume. Dana was going dressed as Little Red Riding Hood and was just putting on the finally touches on her hair and make-up. Meanwhile Reina was fretting through her closet having last minutes doubts about her costume.

"What's wrong, Rei?" Alex asked looking concerned as her mate kept angerly muttering to herself trying to figure out her costume.

"I'm trying to figure out what to go as," Reina sighed. "Originally, I was going to go dress as a Ravenclaw student and Dana was going to go as a Hufflepuff but then the Author-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named..." Reina trailed off in irritation. "Now I'm torn between this gothic dress and Wednesday Addams."

"I vote Wednesday," Dana interjected.

"I think you would look great as Wednesday as well," Alex agreed. Reina gave her mates a relieved grin then got changed. Then she sat down next to Alex, who had started scrolling through her phone.

"Do you know how to do braids?" Reina asked. Alex looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"Uh, not really," she admitted sheepishly.

"That's alright," Reina said giving her a reassuring smile. Then started working on braiding her own hair into twin pigtails. An hour later they were ready and heading to the party.

Upon arriving a large cabin in the woods, Alex couldn't help but laugh.

"Of course, your friend lives in a cabin in the woods," she teased Dana as they walked up to the door.

Before Dana could reply another voice cut in, "it's the unwritten law that witches live in the middle of the woods." Dana's best friend Celestine was dressed as Sally from "Nightmare Before Christmas" and was also glaring at Alex. "Dana may have forgiven you, but I'm not about forgive you ghosting them for a month."

"Cel," Dana groaned while Reina growled softy.

"No, its fine you guys," Alex said softly.

"It's not," Reina growled. "She has no right to insult you!"

Dana placed a calming hand on her Alpha mate before deciding to steer the conversation to less dangerous waters.

"Celestine, where's Morgana?" Dana asked but was distracted by Alex's ill-concealed snort of laughter.

"Morgana? How cliché can you be?" Alex said with a smile. "But also, whose Morgana?"

"My teacher," Celestine said. "She's the Royal Pack Witch. And she's currently visiting her old teacher." She paused her voice growing more excited, "so, we will have no supervision. I managed to get some alcohol both human and supernatural kinds. This party is going to be epic!" She led the mates into the house then disappeared to great some other guests that were arriving.

"What did she mean by supernatural alcohol?" Alex asked curiously.

"Human alcohol generally doesn't tend to affect supernatural, so a deal was made with the big brands to create a stronger kind than it is for humans that would only be sold in supernatural areas." Reina explained then grinned as she said, "I guess we should figure out a DD."

"I'll do it. I don't really like drinking anyway," Alex said. Dana grinned and hugged her mate. Then led her mates to the makeshift bar that a vampire who appeared to be around twenty-one was tending. Reina got a Captain Morgan (supernatural edition) and Coke while Dana got a Tequila Sunrise and Alex just snagged a bottle of water. The three of them quietly sat on some nearby couches and talked amongst themselves watching as the party filled up.